Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

So I'm breaking the work internet rule to vent...

My baby is over me!!  Crying 

She's been fighting me on everything lately.  If she doesn't get her way- like if I stop reading to her to get her ready for bed- screaming fit.  Doesn't want to go in her highchair to eat- doesn't want me to take her for a walk.  I didn't think this stage was supposed to happen until she's 12??

The minute Daddy comes home, however, she's as sweet as pie.  Back to the normal nice sweet baby that I'm used to.  Anything he tries to do with her she's all smiles.   

Last night she woke up crying- I think she's teething and I could NOT console her.  Screaming.  But the minute Daddy walks in the room, she's all the sudden better.  He had to put her down last night. 

She's over me.   Sad 

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: So I'm breaking the work internet rule to vent...

• Options

DD is in a daddy stage right now too! I am sure yours is worse since she is older but it still SUCKS and I feel your pain.

Just remember.. .she will change her mind again soon and she will be crawling up your leg driving you crazy! *hug*

• Options
    Totally agree with Sallie - I'm just waiting for T's Daddy phase to kick in.  They have started playing a lot more, but she's still very much my shadow.  :(  Just wait - she'll be Mommy's girl again!  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so not surviving preteen years.  I can see it now.  The first time she yells at me about how mean I am I might burst into tears. 
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imagelizzyjames:
    I'm so not surviving preteen years.  I can see it now.  The first time she yells at me about how mean I am I might burst into tears. 

I said the same to DH, I am just hoping by that time I will be more immune to her rejection. LOL

• Options
    imagemustangsallie:

imagelizzyjames:

I said the same to DH, I am just hoping by that time I will be more immune to her rejection. LOL

right?  I hear horror stories from the ladies at work about how their daughters speak to them.  I'm horrified.  Of course, hopefully, I will inherit my mom's magic "don't mess with me" eye and she won't ever talk back.  Hee.
  • Options
    imagelizzyjames:
    imagemustangsallie:

imagelizzyjames:

right?  I hear horror stories from the ladies at work about how their daughters speak to them.  I'm horrified.  Of course, hopefully, I will inherit my mom's magic "don't mess with me" eye and she won't ever talk back.  Hee.

I think I was born with that eye LOL.   My sisters get it a lot and they know when I have that face watch out!  In fact I don't have to say a word.. they just know. 

• Options

Oh my goodness - I'm sorry you feel that way but selfishly - I say THANK YOU for posting this because you are not alone!  Last night my DD wouldn't eat until her dad sat down at the table and even when he did she would only take food from him and not me.  I just sat there and cried at the dinner table and didn't say a word while I was why she doesn't love me as much as I love her.

Of course - let's face it.  I'd like him better too - anyone who caters to my every throught, picks me up whenever I want and let's me play with cell phones, cameras and remote controls must be better than the witch in the background doing all the laundry, shopping and cleaning.

**End of rant - bitterness to be continued****

• Options

DD goes through phases with both of us.

The worst was when she was a newborn. Unless I was nursing her, she wanted Wes. It made me feel like a total freak (what newborn doesn't want their mom???) and a failure and it sure didn't help with the PPD.

She'll come back around to you!

And OMG I am having flashbacks to screaming "I hate you!" at my mom. I was a miserable human being in middle school.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Of course - let's face it.  I'd like him better too - anyone who caters to my every throught, picks me up whenever I want and let's me play with cell phones, cameras and remote controls must be better than the witch in the background doing all the laundry, shopping and cleaning.

THIS.  DH completely gives in to her every want and need.  NO wonder she likes him better!  LOL.

And Jessi- I cringe when I think about some of the things I said to my mother.  I think I've apologized more to her in the past year than I have in my life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"