Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Would you feed a 7 month old a waffle for breakfast?

Met someone who feds her almost 8 month old an entire waffle with butter and sugar each morning.  I thought that was strange and sort of too much for a baby that young.

Re: Would you feed a 7 month old a waffle for breakfast?

• Options
    I've given whole wheat waffles before, but not with butter, sugar, or syrup. She just eats them plain. I've also gotten organic banana waffles before that she likes as a treat every now and then.
  • Options

imagekelbrian:
    I've given whole wheat waffles before, but not with butter, sugar, or syrup. She just eats them plain. I've also gotten organic banana waffles before that she likes as a treat every now and then.

At 7 months?  I can see when they are older.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i give timmy multigrain waffles all the time. just plain though. he doesn't have teeth yet so it's something he can gum.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagecarolinag:
    i give timmy multigrain waffles all the time. just plain though. he doesn't have teeth yet so it's something he can gum.

Oh ok.  I guess she's not so crazy after all.  Table foods sort of intimidate me!

• Options
    timmy doesn't have any teeth, but he eats really well. not sure how! he actually just ate a waffle 5 min ago. i toast it and let it cool then rip it into little pieces. the multigrain/whole wheat ones aren't too bad at all.
  • Options
    DD has been eating whole grain waffles since she was about 8 1/2 months old. I let her have about half of one at breakfast and then give her some fruit as well. I also give her toast, pancakes, etc. She only has one tooth that just came in so I just make sure it is soft enough for her to gum.
  • Options
    imageEchowysp:

imagekelbrian:

At 7 months?  I can see when they are older.

At around seven and a half months. She hated purees and refused to eat them, so I started giving her table foods at seven months. She gummed it down, and we've never had any issues with it. 

• Options
    imagekelbrian:
    imageEchowysp:

imagekelbrian:

At 7 months?? I can see when they are older.

At around seven and a half months. She hated purees and refused to eat them, so I started giving her table foods at seven months. She gummed it down, and we've never had any issues with it.?

Lily never liked purees, so we have been giving her table foods since 7.5-8 months. ?She also likes the TJ Banana Waffles. ??

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options
    I have given DD some of my pancakes before when she was eyeing them. They had some butter and some residual syrup on them, but now we typically given her some to nibble on plain.
  • Options
    i'd like to add that i don't just give him waffle. yogurt & half waffle, or fruit. something else to go with it!
  • Options

imagecarolinag:
    i'd like to add that i don't just give him waffle. yogurt & half waffle, or fruit. something else to go with it!

I agree with this! Lili usually eats a waffle, some strawberries and yogurt, etc.

• Options
    We give DS a multigrain waffle for breakfast about 3 to 4 times a week, we have been giving them to him since about 7 1/2 months old...we don't put butter or syrup on it, we just toast it and let it cool and hand it off to him and he tears it up!
  • Options

like pp we do 4 oz yogurt and fruit and the waffle for breakfast

• Options

My DD (lucy) loves plain waffles.  She has no teeth but she gums everything really well and she hasn't had any issus with anything we have given her.  She actually eats everything that I eat and loves table food- she's not as impressed with pureed food.  She eats waffles, pancakes, french toast, diced fruit, pieces of whatever vegtables I'm eating, all kingds of pasta, rice, toast, cheese, small chicken pieces- the list goes on and on.  Of course common sense comes into play and I don't give her anything she would not be able to break down with her gums.

She 8.5 months

• Options

Not with butter and sugar but plain ones, I would.  He does mostly table food since he's not into purees.

My SIL also suggested frozen mini pancakes without cooking them.  Apparently they love the cold feeling on their gums.

We haven't actually tried either of these yet.

• Options
    *Bre**Bre* member
    there is a really good recipe on wholesomebabyfood for banana pancakes made out of rice cereal and oatmeal, bananas, applesauce, wheat flour, white flour, egg yolk and some other things.
  • Options
    I wouldn't, but we started solids at 6 months, maybe they started earlier?  I don't think Jack is ready for table food and he's almost 8 months.
  • Options

imageEmilyOTR1:
    I wouldn't, but we started solids at 6 months, maybe they started earlier?  I don't think Jack is ready for table food and he's almost 8 months.

We started solids at 6 1/2 months and I think it is just something you are either comfortable with or not. 

• Options
    We're still doing purees and yo-baby yougurt. The only 'big girl' foods I give them are the ocassional puffs or baby mum-mums.
  • Options

imagecarolinag:
    timmy doesn't have any teeth, but he eats really well. not sure how! he actually just ate a waffle 5 min ago. i toast it and let it cool then rip it into little pieces. the multigrain/whole wheat ones aren't too bad at all.

That's what I did with DD. She didn't start getting teeth until 10mos and at 10mos she was completely on table foods. She still loves waffles for breakfast but I never add sugar or anything to it. My ILs and DH seem to think she needs syrup or something added, but she eats it just fine plain. If we're in a hurry I just pop it in the micro for 30 seconds.

imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"