Trying to Get Pregnant

forgot to take clomid! what to do??

I fell asleep last night while watching a movie and forgot to take my fourth pill.  I will call my doctor to figure out what to do, but curious if any of you have done this before and what your doctor recommended.  I've read online that you should take the missed dose as soon as you realize it and take the next dose regularly....does this sound correct?

I'm hoping I can just take it tonight and take the next one tomorrow night, but not sure.  I have a big meeting today and I am worried I'm going to feel awful if I take it now! 

Re: forgot to take clomid! what to do??

• There should be directions that tell you exactly what to do. ?They should have came with the prescription bottle or in the bag you picked it up in from the pharmacy.?
  • Loading the player...
  • nope, don't have any kind of info ....  i just got a ziploc bag with the 5 pills inside.

• imageMamaMehl:

nope, don't have any kind of info ....? i just got a ziploc bag with the 5 pills inside.

what?? from who??

• ummm....the pharmacist...
  • imageMamaMehl:
    ummm....the pharmacist...

ummmmm.....Then you seriously need a new pharmacist. ?It is against the law to give out drugs without the proper medical information attached and the drug specifically labeled.?

• imagekit4485:

imageMamaMehl:
    ummm....the pharmacist...

ummmmm.....Then you seriously need a new pharmacist.  It is against the law to give out drugs without the proper medical information attached and the drug specifically labeled. 

Not to mention the drug dispensed in approved containers (ziplocks do not count).   I agree with Kit, I'd look into a new pharmacy.  GL to you!

imageimageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • boxieboxie member
    I got a ziplock bag too, but I had the insert of medical information.  And the pills you could punch out of foil. Like you do birth control pills.  I am hoping that is what the PP means!
  • mooetamooeta member

was this pharmacist on a street corner and can you also get a dime bag from him?

Call your doctor and report the pharmacist.  You accepted a ziplock bag of medication without questions?  Is this a pharmacy chain or what?  This sounds like major bs

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think you take the missed pill as soon as you remember...I would take it and then continue dosage tonight. but call your doc office if there are no instructions with the pills.
  • and now I wish I would have read further! it was in a ziploc baggie???
  • I know nothing about clomid, but in defense of the OP, my migraine pills come in a ziploc bag.  They are enclosed in foil packaging - you pop each pill out individually.  That being said, they still come with the prescription instructions.  Hopefully the clomid comes like this as well. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL!!!

Funny how everyone jumped to the wrong conclusion.  Where is it that I said that my prescription wasn't labeled?  My pills came individually sealed in foil packaging.  They were inside a ziploc baggie with a label on it including all of the federally required information.  This is a perfectly acceptable way to dispense medication that is individually wrapped.

I did find out that you should take a missed pill once you remember and continue with the normal dosing for the remaining pills. 

• imageboxie:
    I got a ziplock bag too, but I had the insert of medical information.  And the pills you could punch out of foil. Like you do birth control pills.  I am hoping that is what the PP means!

That's typically how MH clomid comes (takes it for sperm count). However, there is always the insert with the directions, side effect, and all with it.

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"