Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Can you put Neosporin on an infant?

DS spits up a lot and it collects in the creases in his neck.  It's really hard to clean it up since he puts his chin on his chest whenever we try.  Today I was wiping him up and noticed that his skin is so raw it's bleeding a bit.  Doesn't seem to bother him, but it freaked me out.  Can I put Neosporin on it to keep it from getting bathed in spit up and help it heal?  Any other suggestions?

Re: Can you put Neosporin on an infant?

• Options
    I put boob cream on Ella's cuts from her fingernails...the lanolin stuff
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My pedi recommended using diaper rash ointment.  Try that first.  I would definitely ask a doctor before using neosporin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Neosporin or Aquaphor on all sorts of things like that.  Haven't had a problem yet.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I heard no neosporin until after 6 months.
  • Options
    Can I use NEOSPORIN?  First Aid Antiseptic/Pain Relieving Spray on an infant under two years of age?
    The product is indicated for use on children 2 years and older. Please speak with your pediatrician if you have questions.
  • Options

There was a post on cleaning the neck folds this morning. A lot of the girls recommended aquafor. I haven't used it, but I think I will try it. I wouldn't put neosporin on a place where they could get it on their hands and put it in their mouth.

• Options
    No but polysporin is safe even if ingested (not like the whole tub or anything haha)
  • Options
    I think it is on our list of acceptable things to use but I don't have the list with me at work so I am not 100%.  You can try vaseline maybe?  It won't help it heal any quicker but maybe it will provide a barrier.
  • Options
    we were told to put neosporin on our DS penis while it healed from being circumsized.
  • Options
    We were told by DS cardiologist to put  neosporin on his incision and he was 3 weeks old at the time..
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"