Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C followup and Saline Sonogram on Friday

Hello I'm new to the board and have a few questions.

I had IVF done and it was successful.  Unfortunatley after 8 weeks no heartbeat was found. I started to miscarry on April 18th and had a D&C performed on April 20th. The doctor sent everything for testing.

Once my HCG levels hit 0, my DH and I had to go for RPL bloodwork (they did some tests him too). 

I just got my period last weekend for the first time since the M/C.  Yep, it took 7 weeks from when I started to miscarry!

Anyway so now we go in on Friday to get all of the resutls, plus I'm having a saline sonogram done.

What kind of questions should I be asking the doctor?  And how is the saline sonogram?  Anyone ever have it done?  I hope its not as bad as the HSG!

Thanks!!! 

Re: D&C followup and Saline Sonogram on Friday

• I had an SIS...Saline Infusion Sonogram done. I think its the same thing. It wasn't bad at all. A little uncomfortable but not bad. They just injected saline into my uterus to make sure there was no polyps or anything unusual. I was back to work within an hour. If you have any other questions left me know.

Good luck with everything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had two and they were a breeze compared to the HSG (that was the worst ever!).  Thank goodness.  I wish you luck on Friday!

• Loading the player...
  • I think the HSG was worse than the D & C!

I was a little concerned about the Saline Sonogram because I have a rehearsal dinner to go to that night with the wedding the next day.  It sounds like I should be ok!  Thanks guys.

• It is the same thing.

Anything else I should expect from the follow up with the dr?

• so sorry for your loss. glad to see you want to get some answers.

chances are you won't have to ask too many questions b/c w/ your rpl tests you'll get a lot of answers, or in my case, none at all.

based on those results you can ask about preventative meds like aspirin, progesterone. chances are the doc won't have answers till the tests come back.

i wish i had more advice. i've really tried to put my cycle in the hands of my doc and trust that he knows how to do this. i did get peeved at him during my last preg for not checking my progesterone. we now do progesterone after o/iui but i even wonder now 'is it enough to keep a pregnancy going'.

i did a saline sono to see if i had a septum. not sure if you did any iuis but it's just a catheter and pretty painless. do you know why he wants to do the saline sono? what is he looking for?

good luck. keep us up to date of your testing and test results.?

• I had 3 IUI's done...So tomorrow should be a piece of cake.  He wants to do the sono to make sure my uterus is clear.  We'll get all of the results tomorrow.  I'm a little anxious.  And I've been getting mini panic attacks.  Just trying to relax and wait till tomorrow!

My dr. is wonderful and just like you have been pretty much just going with the flow and following his lead.  I trust him and he came HIGHLY recommended.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"