Florida Babies
Options

No water births in Hillsborough??

What is the deal with none of the area hospitals being willing or able to do water births??  This is my first pregnancy, so I'm not 100% comfortable with a birthing center, where a water birth would be possible. It looks like Morton Plant in New Port Richey (!!!) is the only place anywhere close, and that's hardly close to Brandon!

Re: No water births in Hillsborough??

• Options
    I'm delivering at Mease Countryside in Clearwater and they offer water birth.  However, my doctor does not provide that with her services.  So, I'm thinking maybe I'll see if I can relax in the tub before the pushing starts to help relax a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh - you may also want to check with your doctor's office to see first if they offer that service and second if they know of someplace nearby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have known two women who have delivered at Labor Of Luv in Lutz.  Both gave rave reviews and would highly recommend!

I am considering it myself...hmmmm...maybe...

https://laborluv.com/

• Options
    I am going to Labor of Luv. I have been going there for all of my prenatal care and I feel 100% safe with them. This is my first as well and we will be doing a water birth.
  • Options
    I'm delivering at St Joe's and I read that they have 2 tubs.  I would assume that you can birth in them.  I am hoping to be able to take advantage and labor in the tub at the very least.  Interesting, I had not heard of an unwillingness in Hills Co to allow water births...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"