LGBT Parenting
Options

BCP + IUI = ???

DW and I sat down on Friday and had a lengthy discussion as to when we will do the IUI, we decided it will happen when I O in December.  This means we are looking at the first week of December.

I emailed our RE to ask for his availability and he said he is always available except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.  He said I may have to go on BCP so I don't O on Christmas Day but since I'm VERY regular (AF always on the 17th of the month for 7 days) it's highly unlikely I will O on the day after AF stops.  Plus we plan to do it in November's cycle which means O will fall in early December.  Taking BCP when I'm TTC seems counter productive...

Has anyone else gone on BCP while TTC?

Re: BCP + IUI = ???

• Options
    Plenty of women do, but more commonly for IVF not IUI.  Weren't you thinking of going with clomid? If so, that can alter your O date so just be aware of that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, I am going to start Clomid on the cycle we do the IUI.  Our RE said to start the Clomid on CD 3 and take it for 5 days and start testing for O on CD 10.

That means when AF comes on Nov 17th, I will start Clomid on the 19th and finish on the 23rd, start testing for O on the 26th.  Depending on when I O, the IUI will either be at the end of Nov or the beginning of Dec.  Thanksgiving is Nov 26th so I don't think it's necessary to go on BCP to regulate AF.  Same goes for Dec cycle if we don't get a BFP on our first try.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"