South Florida Babies
Options

Cuban/Hispanic Traditions for baby Shower

Hi Girls!  I have a question regarding the baby shower. Are there any Cuban/Hispanic traditions or items needed or done at a baby shower?

For example I know that for a Baptism there are Recordatorios and such. Is there anything like that for a baby shower? Any type of traditions.

Thanks so much!

I'm Jewish and my husband is Cuban so I want to make sure I incorporate everything. It is a coed shower.

Re: Cuban/Hispanic Traditions for baby Shower

• Options
    As for cuban baby showers, I've noticed a trend in the usual items but not that it's precisely a cuban shower tradition. Usually you will find mimosas, bocaditos, pastelitos, almond candy favors, play the baby dress up and feeding game, some guys enjoy roasting a pig in the caja china and so forth. HTH's
  • Options
    the only cuban/hispanic tradition that i followed was the tradition of the pregnant mom sitting in the big whicker chair
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't really follow any specific Cuban/Hispanic traditions for my Baby Shower (and I am Cuban). I do think your dh's family would appreciate having someone translate games and stuff for them if they don't speak English, that way they don't feel left out.

• Options
    If you have a sister in law, have her translate anytime instruction or announcements are made.... That what we did and it went smoothly
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My aunt made capias for my baby shower. They are always nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"