Maryland Babies
Options

Pediatrician?

How did you go about choosing a pediatrician/family doctor?  It just seems like you randomly choose a name off of a list.

Re: Pediatrician?

• Options
    I asked around and got recommendations from friends, friends of friends, neighbors and coworkers.  I also called up the daycare center we were using to see who people used, asked my doctors for recommendations.  There were a few practices that kept coming up, so those were the ones I met with and we picked the doctor from those.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we asked friends and searched online.  We went to 3 practices to talk to Dr's, and ended up only liking the third.  So far we're still happy with our decision.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Check with your insurance to see what offices are covered. ?We have Kaiser so we had to go to their facility, but luckily both of their pediatricians are fantastic!
  • Options
    I got recommendations from friends, and then went to meet with the three who received the most "votes" from my friends.  Then we picked the one that we felt most comfortable with, after meeting.  Things to consider: what are the office hours?  Are there walk-in times?  Can you call a nurse line?  Is it easy to get a same-day appointment if you need it?  At which hospital does the doctor have privileges?  How convenient is the office to your home or work?
  • Options
    Ditto pp, we asked friends and family who they used and who they liked and found a great practice very close to our house.  We went in for an "interview"... basically they hold new patient meetings once a month or so where you can ask questions and the doctors tell you about their practice, their style and beliefs when it comes to medicine, etc.
  • Options
    I wouldn't randomly pick one. And some have waiting lists so I would start looking soon. One of the easiest ways to start is find out who will be seeing your baby on d-day and if they will accept new patients. Also, ask any friends, neighbors or people at your OB for recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"