Adoption
Options

Adoption Announcements

Any ideas where I can find adoption announcements?  It seems like most announcements are for birth.  Thanks!

Re: Adoption Announcements

• Options
    Have you tried googling "adoption announcements"? Just a thought.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageFinallyMrs.G:
    Have you tried googling "adoption announcements"? Just a thought.

That's where I started, but I was a bit disappointed with the options.  It seemed there were a few options for adoption announcements and then hundreds for birth.  Just thought I would see if anyone here had found something they loved.

• Options

I made mine on snapfish w/ a pic and this verse...

The best feelings are those that have no words to describe them. We are overjoyed to announce the adoption of...

We added her date of birth and her forever home date.

I was super pleased w/ how they turned out and received a ton of compliments on them!

• Options
    For our wedding we went to a stationary person and the selection was soooo much better than anything I personally think I found online--but maybe I'm not that creative! I'm not talking Papyrus either, it was a specialty store. You might try one of those places. It felt like they had something for everyone in every price range!?
  • Options

Do a search on etsy.com for adoption announcements.  I've seen several cute ones there. 

I think these are adorable:

https://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24145584

https://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19699678

• Options

I don't know why, but I was thinking about this the other day.  Do adoptive parents typically send announcements after the birth and TPR, or do they wait until after finalization?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecrystalpopcorn:

I don't know why, but I was thinking about this the other day.  Do adoptive parents typically send announcements after the birth and TPR, or do they wait until after finalization?

I think adoptive parents a little of everything depending on what they feel comfortable with.  We had her placed in our home on 8/1/08, parental rights were terminated 10/20/08 and finalization was on 5/20/09.  We are sending them out after finalization because we felt most comfortable with that timing.  We sent out an email/blog announcement when she first came home.

• Options

I ordered Grant's announcements from tinyprints - I think I just used a birth announcement that said 'introducing our son' and then gave his vitals but he is a newborn so that's why we used a regular 'birth' announcement.

I think they also have adoption announcements though. I also ordered him picture 'thank you' stationary (hehe)

• Options
    sally - i design custom stationary too!
  • Options
    I found some on etsy that were really cute. I can reccomend Swish Designs on etsy as a great vendor. She is awesome and does some great announcements.
  • Options
    These are really great ideas...thanks for the info!  I usually do my own invitations/announcements/thank you cards, but I was hoping to do something 'quick' this time.  Etsy might be the way to go and hopefully help some other gal or guy earn a little extra money!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"