1st Trimester
Options

Bleeding and Scared...

On friday, my dh and I were on our way to dinner friday night and I got a horrible feeling that I was bleeding. Went to bathroom and I was. We went to ER and after blood test, an exam and u/s I found out that I have a small perigestional hemmorhage that caused the bleeding. The baby was ok with a heartbeat of 163. I have been on bedrest since. My next appt is tuesday when I had my Nt scan scheduled. Has anyone been thru this? They called it a threated miscarriage which scared the crap out of me....here I was at 12 weeks feeling good and now this......

Re: Bleeding and Scared...

• Options
    Good luck... You will be in my thoughts. I hope all goes well. I've heard people talk about this before and have had good outcomes, so just try to relax (I know, easier said than done).
  • Options

In the ER at my hospital ANY bleeding is called a "threatened miscarriage/abortion".

I know it is super scary. Uff...good luck! I will be thinking about you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was also in the ER on Friday and was told I had a "threatned miscarriage". I was bleeding bright red with clots and had cramps.

I think I am about 5 weeks so I was too early to see the baby but they did an u/s and could see the yolk sac in my uterus.

It was very scary and I was told to take it really easy this week.

The Dr. told me the bleeding was common and that 50% of these pregnancies with a TM still go to full term with healthy babies.

Hope this helps...I am sending you lots of "baby' love! :)

• Options
    No advice just want to say I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope everything is okay...please update and let us know how you are. ((hugs))
  • Options
    When I was 6 weeks, I bled like I was having a miscarriage, clots and everything. It started on a Friday and the Dr. had me come in immediately for an ultrasound to see what was going on. We were able to find the baby and a heartbeat, but the bleeding continued throughout the weekend. It lightened up, but didn't stop. The following Monday, I went back to the Dr. for another ultrasound and everything looked good. I had my last ultrasound on Thursday when I was almost 11 weeks and everything looked good. I will be thinking of you and hoping we're having a similar situation and everything will be fine.
  • Options
    imageJennyJen456:

In the ER at my hospital ANY bleeding is called a "threatened miscarriage/abortion".

I know it is super scary. Uff...good luck! I will be thinking about you!

This.  They always call any bleeding that.  But, in your case they found the reason so it wasn't.  Take it easy!  

• Options
    I saw your name and recognized you from GP & MM.  Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your baby. 
  • Options

I had the threatened miscarriage diagnosis a few weeks ago. I didn't even get put on bedrest or anything because they basically told me what is going to happen is going to happen and they couldn't prevent it.

I googled your perigestional hemmorhage and it seems somewhat common. The first thing I read was that if it was small that it usually is not an issue. I hope that is true for you.

Good luck to you, I hope your bleeding stops and all goes well.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"