Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

The ER is exploding...

...and I'm hiding in my patient-less department bumping. I don't feel bad.
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: The ER is exploding...

• Options

Hey girl!!  Sounds like a nice night!!  I have 2 patients and I am getting a chance to bump too!!  I don't feel bad either, we all need a little break sometimes!Big Smile

• Options
    So far it's a good night for me. But the ER nurses are about to have a coronary!
    I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why what is going on down there?  You are an L&D nurse right? 
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm L&D. The er is crazy tonight. They've been transferring and flying people out. I guess it's just a bad night in the neighborhood.
  • Options
    That always sucks for them, but they like it or they wouldn't be there!  I just got peed at a little bit ago.  He missed me but not for lack of trying!
  • Options

imageMike*sBride2B:
    That always sucks for them, but they like it or they wouldn't be there!  I just got peed at a little bit ago.  He missed me but not for lack of trying!

I'm so late to this conversation, but I read this and literally Lol.  I may have woken up my DH. Stick out tongue

I do not miss this part of patient care, let me tell you! Big Smile  Now that I work in an office, the worst I have to worry about is cleaning up after the doctor's procedures or having sick people cough/breathe on me while I get a throat swab.

Bless you for working in the pee-filled (and every other bodily fluid) trenches! Wink

::applauds GP's hard working nurses::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

trust me, not all of the ER nurses are there because they like it. Some are there because they have no choice.

I'm a NICU nurse. Been one for 6 years. LOVE it. The hospital where I was working was having HUGE financial crisis and I got laid off. Couldn't find a NICU or special care opening anywhere, and since I did ER when I first graduated, it was the only job I could get.

I'm extremely unhappy. The administrative pressures in the ER are overwhelming. The hospital where I am now refuses to allow people to wait in the waiting room, so you have people lining the halls, pissed off that they're not getting attention, but that's hard to do when you already have 8 patients. I'd kill to get up to L&D or NICU, but there aren't any openings.

I've had nurses on the floor laughing at me when I give them report, because they know how busy it is, and it amuses them. I wish they could try for a little empathy. It would help me at all, but it would feel a little better than getting laughed at.

I can't wait to get done with my masters so I can get the hell out of the hospital.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You shouldn't! Bump away!
  • Options
    imageGenRN45:

trust me, not all of the ER nurses are there because they like it. Some are there because they have no choice.

I'm a NICU nurse. Been one for 6 years. LOVE it. The hospital where I was working was having HUGE financial crisis and I got laid off. Couldn't find a NICU or special care opening anywhere, and since I did ER when I first graduated, it was the only job I could get.

I'm extremely unhappy. The administrative pressures in the ER are overwhelming. The hospital where I am now refuses to allow people to wait in the waiting room, so you have people lining the halls, pissed off that they're not getting attention, but that's hard to do when you already have 8 patients. I'd kill to get up to L&D or NICU, but there aren't any openings.

I've had nurses on the floor laughing at me when I give them report, because they know how busy it is, and it amuses them. I wish they could try for a little empathy. It would help me at all, but it would feel a little better than getting laughed at.

I can't wait to get done with my masters so I can get the hell out of the hospital.

I'm sorry.  I work the ER too & I know how bad it gets.  I'm not a nurse though - I'm the person who sits at the desk and gets yelled at. 

We aren't allowed to have patients in the halls though - but our soda/bottled water machine is in the waiting room.  We just live without on busy nights.

Sick people who wait a long time are extremely angry!  Hang in there though.  You'll find something else - and those NICUs are closing everywhere, but in our town they opened a new one two years ago, so maybe you'll find a new one.

• Options
    I am an ER nurse... and I love it and hate it! Some days make me crazy, but I don't know if I'd be happy doing anything else. But it is a crazy job! And I agree that there are a lot of administrative pressures. Got to get everybody in and out and make them happy in the meantime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"