Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

What formula do you suggest..?

I know I am a bit early, but I am trying to make a list of things that I will need to buy in the next few weeks before delivery.  I plan on pumping and supplementing with formula (if need be), so this is where my question comes in. 

My SO is lactose intolerant and there is a history of milk allergies on my side of the family, so do you have any recommendations?  There are so many different options out there (lactose free, soy, sensitive stomach) that it makes my head spin.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions or advice!

Re: What formula do you suggest..?

• Options
    • you will need to ty differnet brands and see what ends up working best for your lo. We tried 6 different kinds of formula before we found the one that works best for us. good luck. it was a hard fight to win we were constantly battling this one.
    Natural M/C:@5 wks 7/31/07 Natural M/C:@5 wks 12/27/09 Missed M/C, D&C:@9 wks 06/13/11
  • Options

ditto pp. 

We use Similac Isomil Advance (it's Soy) and Addy does wonderful on it... Enfamil and regular Similac Advance was horrible on her tummy. So it's just trial and error. We got samples of everything so it was great (and free) try out different things.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pam1005pam1005 member
    Ditto pp's.  My pedi told us not to buy anything.  In the hospital they will give you samples and can probably give you other samples if your LO is not reacting well to what you try at first.  Your pediatrician's office will also have a ton of formula there.  We went through four different types and never bought them at first.  We always got them for free from the doctor.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"