Baby Names
Options

WDYT?

DH and I have our list narrowed down to three names right now, two of which I previously posted. Our newest edition is Carys Siobhan. WDYT? I was also wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which middle names would work with Siobhan too. TIA!

Re: WDYT?

• Options
    How do you pronounce Carys?  I've never heard of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Like carrot but ending in S
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think I love them together... I remember liking your other names though.... were they Ingrid and Vivienne? If so, I like those better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Siobahn is a unique name...I don't hear it often!! Not sure of the last name or family names.. but here are a few I like... Siobhan Kylie---Siobhan Kierra--Siobhan Grace--Siobhan Rose--Siobhan Olivia....GL!!
  • Options
    I love Carys and Siobhan! I think that maybe they aren't that great together though.
  • Options
    Love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    I don't like either....sorry
  • Options
    EmmieBEmmieB member
    I'm not a fan of Carys...but I think it works well with Siobahn, which I LOVE.
  • Options
    Is Siobahn pronounced the way it looks? What ethnicity is that? I also like Ingrid and Vivienne better if those are still options.
  • Options

imageamyfelice:
    Is Siobahn pronounced the way it looks? What ethnicity is that? I also like Ingrid and Vivienne better if those are still options.

Siobhan is pronounced like "Shove-On," and it's Irish origin. We've nixed Ingrid and are down to Violet and Vivienne.

• Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    imagemZoe:

imageamyfelice:

Siobhan is pronounced like "Shove-On," and it's Irish origin. We've nixed Ingrid and are down to Violet and Vivienne.

I would have never guessed that, but it's not a big deal since it's the middle name. Violet and Vivienne are both lovely. I slightly prefer Violet.?

• Options

I love Siobhan and think it works with Carys.

ETA: I like Carys over Violet and Vivenne.  I think Siobhan is the best of them all, though I understand that it's hard for some people to pronounce.

• Options
    I don't think I've heard either of these names. I like traditional names so these aren't my style. I think you should stick with Scarlett or Vivienne.?
  • Options
    Personally, I'm not a fan of either of them, but definitely not together. Maybe separated with a more mainstream middle?
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the two names together.  I think maybe it's the Welsh vs. Irish thing (they are just such ethnic names, but don't match), plus the sounds put together that I am not fond of.
  • Options
    I think it sounds fine.  I like Carys more than Siobhan though. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I really like Carys.  It would be on my list, but it doesn't work with our last name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    My cousin's daughter is Siobhan Grace.  At first I wasn't crazy about it, but she is such a dear and it fits her perfectly!
  • Options
    I really, really dislike Siobhan. But I love Carys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"