3rd Trimester
Options

Does your DH/FI share...

your personal problems with his mother? Like if you are fighting about something??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Due December 16, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Does your DH/FI share...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope, I'd kill him if he did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DH doesn't share our personal problems/issues with his mother or anyone else for that matter.  My DH is pretty close with his mother and talks to her on the phone and in person all of the time but he doesn't talk about that kind of stuff with this mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DH doesn't really talk to his mom about anything.  So, no.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    No. my ILs are way over involved in our lives as it is. We try to keep them at a safe distance. I also try not to share these problems with my mother. I have learned that friends & the bump are better venting places. Mothers are far to defensive/protective.
  • Options
    Absolutely not.
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • Options

Not usually... however she has her way of butting in anyway...

• Options
    Hell no. I would kill him.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    SheriBTSheriBT member
    No because usually we can talk it out and move on while she'll still hold a grudge.  The last thing I need to hear from her is "remember that time you fought about...."  No thank you.
  • Options
    Not really his family always expcets us to just give them money when they ask. Which pisses me the fvck off because we live with my parents and they are a huge help to us. So in a way is like whats the point of my parents helping us when your mom and sister are always asking for money. He thinks I just think less of his family which I dont at all I love his family as diff. as they are from mine. We do agree on all the other problems we have with his family like his mom expecting us to just drop DS off to spend the week with her. Im so not comfortable to just drop him off and leave him there like nothing how her other Daughter in law does. They are a crazy bunch I tell ya.?
  • Options
    He used to... but then he started to see how crazy his mother was and he knows better to say anything about me to her.
  • Options
    no- and I don't share that with my mom either.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm embarrassed to say that mine does and it bothers the hell out of me. I will be having a talk with him tonight. It's getting old. Thank heavens we live 1500 miles apart!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Due December 16, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We, as a couple, tend to share our problems with my MIL, but it's just because we get along really well. If DH and I are having a relationship problem, we normally work it out between ourselves. If we need any outside help, we just pray about it.
  • Options
    no, but he has shared them with my mother, which I was totally not happy about after my mom told me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hell no...I would be so pissed if he did that.
  • Options
    Hahahaha I so misunderstood the question. Sorry?
  • Options

imagesprice88:
    no- and I don't share that with my mom either.

Ditto, I dont think anyone should share relationship problems with moms because mothers never forget and they will always remember the bad stuff!

• Options

Nope. Sometimes I think I'm closer to her than DH.

• Options
    No way...I share with her sometimes and he gets annoyed at me.
  • Options
    No.  Why?  What did DH do?
  • Options
    Yes.  Enough said.
  • Options
    No.  And I don't share our problems with my mom.
  • Options

He used to.  I put a stop to that shiit

#1 It's none of her business 
    #2 Even if he tells her the two of you have made up, all she'll remember is the bad stuff.  And trust me, she'll use it against you  :P

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    No. We made a deal before we were married that we wouldn't share personal issues with our families. Thankfully we haven't had many but we witnessed it with DH's brother/SIL and we wanted to part of it! 
  • Options
    thank god no.
  • Options
    hell no.  in fact we're a united front when it comes to all family and if either one of us talked about our personal problems with anyone else we wouldn't be married. 
  • Options
    No, we tend to work things out on our own.
  • Options
    hell to the no.
  • Options
    He made that mistake some years ago, and I tore him a new one. I think he learned his lesson. Of course, he and his friends seem to have a "biitch about our wives" session every Sunday, so I don't think he needs his mom for that anymore anyway.?
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

• Options
    imageBecky262:

He used to.  I put a stop to that shiit

#1 It's none of her business 
    #2 Even if he tells her the two of you have made up, all she'll remember is the bad stuff.  And trust me, she'll use it against you  :P

I so agree!  DH used to share with his mom, and she turned it into her own little personal arsenal against me whenever it suited her.  It didn't even matter if he and I were arguing or not.  If he crossed her, she took it out on me.  What's funny is, he used to try to make excuses for her until she stole my cell phone from him while I was out of town.  He asked her if she saw it, and she blatantly lied to him even after she saw him stressing because he was going to have to pay to replace my phone.  Now he just keeps it general, and I don't speak to her at all.  It should be really interesting after LOs are born since she and my SIL are flying down to visit.  Talk about crazy family!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"