3rd Trimester
Options

What are you giving out to "announce" baby's birth at the hospital

I was thinking the "it's a boy" bubble gum cigars they are like $15 for 36 and we will give them to the visitors. 

Other ideas are: cookies, chocolate cigars (these are a little more $), or suckers.  If we do the cookies, I am going to make them so I am going to need a back up, just in case I do unexpectedly go into labor and don't have them made. 

Any other ideas??  What are you doing?

Re: What are you giving out to "announce" baby's birth at the hospital

• Options
  • Options
    Seeing as how everyone knows what we are having already, I'm not doing anything. I don't see the point to it. If we were team green, I might think otherwise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nothing.... I don't want a lot of visitors - only immediate family - and can't imagine why i should be giving out anything when i have just birthed 2 children.  I think that is a very dated custom.
  • Options
    Oh this is cute - I didn't know anyone did this anymore.  We're just calling people.  I can't imagine anyone would be sitting in the waiting room waiting.
  • Options

imageGypsyEsq:
    Oh this is cute - I didn't know anyone did this anymore.  We're just calling people.  I can't imagine anyone would be sitting in the waiting room waiting.

I am sure we will have a waiting room full of people, it is just how our family is.  I thought it would be cute for DH to give something out and celebrate the birth. 

• Options
    We'll be making phone calls since all our family is out of town.  Even if we were expecting visitors, we would just come out and say that so-and-so has arrived.  If everyone knows it's a boy I'm not sure I see the point in giving out boy-related items to announce his birth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • Options

NadaSmile

My gift is the cute LO they get to see and cuddle!!

• Options
    In a lot of cultures its still very common to hand out chocolates or sweets to anyone who comes to visit. This is especially true of middle eastern groups, usually they have trays or baskets full of chocolates in either pink or blue & they fill the nurses pockets, thats how I know. When we "announce" the birth we will probably just call people. I saw someone do monogramed sugar cookies but we are team green so I cann't havet hat prepared. I have also seen personalized hershey's chocolate bar wrappers that are really cute. I'm not sure we will do anything at all tho, I think we will be pretty busy with the baby.
  • Options

Probably nothing.

• Options
    Everyone knows we are having a boy so we aren't doing anything.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I like that "it's a boy" cigar idea. We are team green so I can't imagine buying two sets of celebratory gifts to give out. Honestly, I would probably forget all about them after I go into labor lol.
  • Options
    I want to track down and old school polaroid camera and take a picture of everyone when they hold little ian for the first time, and then send it home with them. =)
  • Options
    We're popping a bottle of Perrier-Jouet Belle Epoque champagne.  Rose if it's a girl, Brut for a boy  :)
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

I'm buying "It's a girl" cigars for DH to take to the fire station his first day back.  They'll have fun smoking them outside the fire station and the guys will love telling DH horror stories about when their kids came home from the hospital.  For the hospital, I'm buying bubble gum cigars because our nephew and little cousins will think that it's cool.

• Options

We aren't giving out anything.  I am considering getting 2 bags of Hershey's Kisses- one in pink and one in blue for DH to hand out as he announces the gender and name.

I don't want visitors coming to the hospital.  Only immediate family.  I made that clear to DH and my MIL months ago.  I am not there to entertain and they can wait to see the baby when we get home from the hospital.  DH seems on board with this and MIL said it wasn't a problem so we shall see.

• Options
    We aren't doing anything like this... but it is cute :)  Maybe you could do some custom colored m&m's....?
  • Options

we're not giving out anything... but you could check out Orientaltrading.com

Under the baby shower section they have lots of ideas of stuff to give out..and their cigars are only $12.99 for 36

• Options
    we are giving out "It's A Boy" bubble gum cigars and then sending out announcements when we get home!
  • Options
    My H told me today that he wants to get "It's a boy" gum cigars.  Everyone knows what we are having and I am not expecting a lot of visitors, but it will still be a fun little something, so why not?
  • Options

Nothing.  Everyone knows it's a boy.

• Options
    Nothing.
  • Options
    People still do this? Not being rude, it just seems very 1956 to me, like fathers in the waiting room. If I have anything baked around the house (I bake a lot) we'll probably take it just to have and our visitors can snack, but I'm not going to specifically make or buy something just to hand out.?
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"