Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Reasons to move to a big girl bed.

I think DD would be ok if we converted her crib, I just don't know what the benefits are.

Enlighten me.

Re: Reasons to move to a big girl bed.

• Options
    DD is about 26 mos and is still in a crib.  I don't have any plans to move her anytime soon.  I suppose when she is more potty trained we'll move her in case she needs to go at night, but right now she doesn't need the freedom.
  • Options

I can't think of any reasons except for potty training or safety. We moved DD at 21 mos because she climbed out of her crib. Otherwise, she'd still be in there.

One nice thing, however, is that she plays in her room for a LONG time before calling me. Sleeping in is great!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm contemplating this exact transition to occur maybe even as soon as tomorrow. Eeek!!! In fact, the toddler bedding is in the drying as I type. Anyhow, sorry I'm stealing your post, but I'm totally stealing these answers/suggestions! LOL!
  • Options

I just moved DS yesterday and it was a huge success!  He LOVES his bed.  He was climbing out of his crib every morning so it was about time we switched him!  As a previous poster mentioned, he played in his bed in the morning which allowed me to sleep in 1/2 hour later.  He still called for me to come get him though before he would get out of the bed by himself.  But if your DC is happy in the crib theres really no rush but it isn't something to stress about I am finding.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"