Success after IF
Options

Here is why the bumbo doesnt work 4 us

I know a lot like it on here and maybe I will change my mind, but..

DS took awhile to be able to sit in it...today he was good but he only liked it for less than 7minutes.  We tried him it before and he didnt hold up his head too well in it.

I would only get if:

1)  you have a girl as girls seem to have better head control earlier, ok not all girls, but it seems girls could use this sooner  ....i know that is a blanket statement

2)  think you will have a light baby...DS is already too fat to be in it...well his thighs are...he is 17plus pounds at 4.5mo....he is 85% for weight and heigh 50 to 75% his dad is 6ft4 ...so now that he can use it, he is too big for it.

Re: Here is why the bumbo doesnt work 4 us

• Options

i say girl because i know risper,s girl does well in it but i thought her ds did not

the ones ive seen like it are girl mommys mainly, but thats not scientific  ;)

• Options
    Bumbo didn't work for us either. Ben's legs were too fat for it and it took 2 people to get him out of it. Needless to say, I took it back and got him a walker instead. I am soooo happy I did, he loves it! I got it around 5 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm, interesting observations.  I may wait to get a bumbo for Grant until he's older (or at least born! LOL!).  It looks like he's going to be a big boy too, so. . . thanks for the heads up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i  also have to say it is hard to tell if you will have a big baby.  my us meausrements said i would have an 8lb baby and he was 7lbs ...that was six days before i delivered.  he even lost weight and was 'failure to thrive', no he is big.  i am short 5ft3 and i was a big baby, and DH is tall but he was a small baby.  so it is hard to gauge.  it was a gift, but i wish i would have kept the box to return it.  it may work for feeding, but we hope to use a high chair for solids next month.

i know the thigh area should be somewhat tight too, but i'm not sure chunky legs count.

• Options
    not a reason to buy one... but I used Ava's at 1 yr when we went to chicago on the train. I got the little $10 tray for it, and she used it on the train and at Gram's, b/c she didn't have a highchair. I had to yank her arse out of it, but it worked great for that weekend purpose!
    Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    Not going to use it again?  Don't have a box to return it?  Craigslist baby!  List that sucker on Craigslist and make yourself a quick $10-20!!!  Patrick hated the bumbo but he hated anything that put pressure on his tummy- he had reflux sooooo bad.  I'm holding onto it though just in case a future baby loves it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

my DS started to use it at 3 mos- no issues with head control.

he was always in the 75-95th percentile for weight - and never had a problem fitting his fat legs in there... we used it to feed him from 4mos - 6mos when he could sit on his own.  We loved that thing!

• Options

FWIW, E was pretty chunky at 3 months when we started to use the bumbo, and he had great head control from way early on...

We loved the bumbo!

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"