Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Pain with ectopics?

Where on your abdomen do you begin feeling pain when you look back on it? We still havent confirmed if I have an ectopic or not because they couldn't see a pregnancy on the ultrasound yet. I know it can be either side, but Im just trying to be proactive in detecting a problem if possible. Thanks!
image.

Re: Pain with ectopics?

• I had just some minor twinges on my lower lower right hand side and some brown spotting, nothing bad until I got the mtx shot, then I had unbelievable pain.

best of luck to you, I sincerely hope it's not an ectopic for you.

• On one side only (left in my case), almost above my hip and on the same "latitude" as my belly button.  The pain started off just a little crampy and escalated to "Something is Very Wrong Here", within hours.

Also, HSG levels were way too low.  Even my BFP was very very faint, even though I was a week late when I tested.  My doc was able to see the ectopic on U/S at 30DPO, when I went to the ER with bleeding.   I hadn't felt "right" in a week.

I have to ditto PP, I was hoping the MTX shot would make the pain stop, but it didn't...I ended up having surgery 2 weeks later because the MTX didn't work. 

I hope you don't have an EP.... but if you do, know that there are others out here to support you.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, we really think it is an EP though unfortunately, but my doc wanted to make sure before giving me the shot. At 23 dpo my beta was only 102. Im so unbelievably sad about this. We have been trying for two years and were starting IVF next month. My DH doesnt seem to understand how horrible this is for me which makes it even harder.
    image.
  • I'm so sorry. The world is so unfair.....God's got some answering to do at the end of this road, seriously.

I hope your DH is supportive over the next few months; you will need him.   I'm not usually on this board, so please feel free to PM if you have any questions, or page me on TTCAL.

• I'm sorry.  My DH didn't and still doesn't "get it" either.  It is so much different for them.  He was concerned with my physical well being, not so much the emotional side.  Once my physical pain was gone, it was almost like he was "ok, back to normal life now".  It's not much to show emotions.  I hope your DH is beside you as much as he can possibly be.  GL, I pop in and out of this board, or feel free to PM me.
  • You know to be honest, for the first while, my ectopic didn't even feel like it was more on one side or another. Eventually it sorta got more severe on my left side but the pain for a while was this sorta amorphous shooting pain. It got worse during bowel movements (sorry if TMI). HTH!?

(note, I was bleeding heavily and ended up with surgery)?

oh please. not KU. effed up.
  • My pain was on the side of the ectopic (right side). It was shooting pain from the back to front. I'm so sorry for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"