Infertility
Options

Was AF delayed for you after lap/hyster?

I had my lap and hyster done on May 19th.  They removed 2 polyps, 1 ovarian cyst, minimal scar tissue and some mild endo.  I have PCOS so I'm not always regular but have been for the past several months.  I'm hoping AF isn't delayed too much.  We're waiting to resume injectables/IUI with my next cycle.  I'm very anxious to start!  Just wondering if AF was delayed for you and if so, how long?  I know RE said AF may come early, late and may be lighter/heavier than normal. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Was AF delayed for you after lap/hyster?

• Options
    I did not get AF on my own after my lap.  I had to take provera to bring it on.  GL to you!
  • Options
    bmp84bmp84 member
    I got mine 2 weeks early, then didn't get another one for almost 2 months!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    may2806may2806 member
    mine was delayed by about 2 weeks.
    Dx: High FSH, stage IV endo, homozygous C677T MTHFR and PAI-1
    Early loss 10/08
    Lap 1/09
    IVF #1 "natural IVF" - 1 egg retrieved, missed m/c
    Tried several mini-stim cycles with no response
    Switched clinics - dx'd as carrier for Fragile X
    IVF #2 MDL protocol Jan/Feb converted to IUI, BFN
    IVF #2 take 2: Antagonist, one embie, BFN
    IVF #3: Antagonist, no fertilization
    One last ditch effort at OE IVF (antagonist with Clomid) cancelled
    DE cycle #1 Jan/Feb 2011, BFP, ectopic
    DE cycle #2 June/July 2011 - BFP
    10/28/11 Baby girl lost at 17 weeks due to pre-term labor. We love and miss you.
    DE cycle #3 June/July 2012 - BFP, twins, both heartbeats stopped, D&C
    2 frosties but don't know what's next
    FET Dec 2012: BFP! Praying this one sticks for the long haul!
  • Options
    I have also been wondering this too as my lap is scheduled for Wednesday.  I am hoping my OB/GYN will let me do another round of Clomid on my next cycle since I can't get into the RE until August.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I had mine 5/5 and AF just showed up late last night. The procedures I had done is in my siggy.

RE said if AF didn't show by 30 days postop I would do either provera or PIO.

So far it has been a normal flow. (A lot of times I just have lots of random spotting for a few days, so I guess you could say it's starting off a little heavier than usual, but it's not actually a heavy flow Had some minor cramping earlier, and my usual AF-migraine.) We are starting injectables/IUI this cycle.

Good luck with your next steps, and I hope your AF gets on the ball and shows up soon!

• Options
    My lap delayed AF by about two weeks.  After that, my cycles were back to normal.  Good luck!
    TTC #1 w/ endo since Sept 2005. After many losses, a lap, tons of meds and tons of testing and, one failed IVF cycle, we were blown away with a surprise, sticky BFP...it's a girl!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"