Infertility
Options

do stims make you nauseous?

The last few days have been bad for me...I haven't actually thrown up, but feel like i've been on the verge all weekend. ?I'm on a high dose (450iu) and day 8 of stims, so i'm sure that's all it is...it just feels weird since it didn't happen during my last cycle. ?Anyone else?

Re: do stims make you nauseous?

• Options
    Every cycle I did with Bravelle (last cycle was 225 iu each night) I spend almost the whole time stimming with nausea. (I never got sick either, but always felt like I could)
    My Blog: When Will Hope and Faith Pay Off

"The Sisterhood of Infertility" Blog

Cycle#18=BFP....M/C @ 7w2d...heartbroken
    IUI #1 (cycle 25) = Chem PG, IUI # 2 Cycle 32 = BFFN! SURPRISE--- We're PG!! Break Cycle BFP November 2009!!!! M/C # 2
    Sadly, a Mommy to 3 Angel Babies
    "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon
    miscarriage survivor Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    smileesmilee member

No, I have never felt that way. ?I have felt off, but not really sick to my stomach. It is usually the BCPs that do that for me.?

I am sorry you are feeling crappy this cycle... I hope it goes away soon.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! A stims question I can actually answer Smile Yes, I am stimming and mentioned to my nurse that I was kinda pukey feeling....she said it may be from high estrogen levels and not surprising due to the stims. I am on bravelle & menopur. What are you on? PS Gingerale has been perfect for me...I cant believe it actually works.
  • Options
    I'm on Follistim, md Lupron and md Ovidrel. ?As of Friday my E2 was 1928, so that's probably what's making me feel sick. ?blech...hopefully it'll go away with my ER this week!
  • Options
    Yes, I've felt like I'm going to be sick for the past few days.  It just occurred to me last night that it is probably from the stims.  blech.
  • Options
    Yep, that's probably it. Mine was 1221 and my nurse said that was the cause. When is your ER? How are your follies looking? Good luck!
  • Options

My ER is planned for thursday, but might get pushed back a day if i need a little more stimming. ?As of last friday after 6 days of stims, i have 13 follies between 9.5-13mm. ?I have another appt tomorrow morning and hope to see them all still growing. ?

My last cycle got cancelled because i only made 4 follies, so this is a huge improvement...and lots of meds.

When is your ER??

• Options

YES! There is one night of stims each IVF cycle that I spend the whole night throwing up. It is awful. They say that this is a s/e in about 10% of patients. I'm so sorry you feel yucky. :( You can ask your RE for a Zofran prescrip for the nausea if it gets bad.

And, I only stim on 75iu's, so it doesn't really matter the dosage level.

Good luck!

• Options
    Well good luck! I will have my fingers crossed for you! Let us know how your next check in goes. Happy to hear you are having a better response this cycle.
  • Options

Thanks ladies...y'all are the best! ?

I'll update tomorrow after my appointment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"