Success after IF
Options

Anyone have zero interest in registering???

My sisters are throwing a shower for me - yay.  They are sending the invites out at the end of June - which means that they have been bugging me to register.

I seriously have NO interest in registering.  Before we got Lil J, I was starting to collect some baby stuff either through freecycle or whatnot.

Plus, there are so many things out there that I KNOW are a waste.  Also, it is not like I have my heart set on a stroller, or a theme, or whatever.  We are not even decorating the "nursery" - just not really my thing.

So, I have no desire to run to the store and register.  But that said, I know that people like to use the registery as a guide.

Anyone else have no desire to register at all?

Re: Anyone have zero interest in registering???

• Options
    I can't say I can relate, except that I also had no interest in walking around a BRU for hours w/ a scanner.  Have you thought about registering online? Either at BRU (or Target, etc) or myregistry.com where you can put anything on there? Since you already know what you need and don't need and what your preferences are, I'd imagine it would be pretty easy for you to register online and keep it simple. One thing I love about myregistry.com is that I am constantly adding things.  I can be online and find something on a site and instantly add it, which is cool.
  • Options
    I was excited to register, but it wasn't nearly as fun as I anticipated it to be. I thought it was really stressful. I just felt overwhelmed, because I've never done this before, so I have no idea what's a waste, a money making scheme, an absolute neccessity, etc. I bought Baby Bargains, which really helped me narrow things down, but I was ready to pull my hair out. Thankfully, my SIL had a baby almost a year ago, so she looked everything over for me, and gave me a ton of very helpful advice.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a total blast registering but what about asking your sisters o make your shower a diaper shower or something like that?
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I won't be registering, nor do I have any desire to do so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"