Baby Showers
Options

setting up shower favors

I got about 50 notepads for my shower favor and I was going to set it up next to the guest book. ?My question is, how do I get people to take one per family (and not one for each member of the family)? ?I'm sure some people will try to get more than one and if they do this, some families will not receive a favor. ?Is it ok to write a little note asking them to take only one, or would that be rude? ?

Re: setting up shower favors

• Options
    The best way to control this is by giving it out as people leave. At showers where there 1 favor per person u can just have it at the tables, but otherwise, ur gonna have to give them out.
  • Options

I like using things like that for seating. Wrap a ribbon around each one with the names of the family members that pad belongs to and where they are sitting. I am assuming like mother/daughter. You did not mention whether this was a co-ed thing or not.

If you are not doing assigned seating just put the names. A cute little stamp on the piece of paper w/ the ribbon through it is a nice addition.  

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDiscusCoach:

I like using things like that for seating. Wrap a ribbon around each one with the names of the family members that pad belongs to and where they are sitting. I am assuming like mother/daughter. You did not mention whether this was a co-ed thing or not.

If you are not doing assigned seating just put the names. A cute little stamp on the piece of paper w/ the ribbon through it is a nice addition. ?

?

I think I'm just going to have to do what erosa just said, about giving them to people when they leave. ?I think this is the best thing to do. ?

The shower is co-ed and we aren't doing assigned seating. ?I'm not even sure who is attending, so the names thing won't work, but thanks for the idea.

• Options

Also consider that everyone may not leave at the same time and when things are to be handed out sometimes you people tend to forget.

My suggestion is to leave out for your guests to take one as they enter or as they leave. Not everyone will want one, if you hand them out they will take it, but may throw it out once they get home. If is displayed for them to take one on their own, the guests who wants it will take one or two and the don't who don't will not. This way it may even itself out for the guests who have taken more than one. I hope this makes sense.

• Options
    imagemani_and_me:

Also consider that everyone may not leave at the same time and when?things are?to be?handed out sometimes you?people tend?to forget.

My suggestion is to leave out for?your guests?to take one as they enter or as they leave. Not everyone will want one, if you hand them out they will take it, but may throw it out once they get home. If is displayed for them to take one on their own, the?guests who wants it will take one or two and the?don't who don't will?not. This way it may even itself out for the?guests who have?taken more than one. I hope this makes sense.

This. Is there a reason why you aren't buying more? Maybe a few extra just in case for some odd reason a lot of people want one. I never take favors at parties.?

• Options
    imagemani_and_me:

Also consider that everyone may not leave at the same time and when things are to be handed out sometimes you people tend to forget.

My suggestion is to leave out for your guests to take one as they enter or as they leave. Not everyone will want one, if you hand them out they will take it, but may throw it out once they get home. If is displayed for them to take one on their own, the guests who wants it will take one or two and the don't who don't will not. This way it may even itself out for the guests who have taken more than one. I hope this makes sense.

Yes, I considered that some people may not leave at the same time and I might miss a few people, but I don't think I'd forget to give those that actually came up to me a shower gift as a thank you, especially if they took the time to come out and be there.  And I'm hoping that they won't throw the gift out, since my mom had to pay for it.  It's a notepad, everyone can use it.
  • Options
    imageKateMW:
    imagemani_and_me:

Well, we bought about 50 favors.  The guest list has over 50 families (this is a co-ed shower) but I'm sure some of them won't be able to make it.  We have enough, but won't have enough if everyone takes one per family member. 

This. Is there a reason why you aren't buying more? Maybe a few extra just in case for some odd reason a lot of people want one. I never take favors at parties. 

• Options
    You want each family to share a notepad?  Why would you just not buy enough of something for everyone?  What if you end up tearing familes apart because 2 people want to use the notepad at the same time?  Just kidding, but I do think you should buy more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"