Baby Names

Love this board...opinions on my girl name?

Hi all!

I love reading this board & hope you guys can offer some help / opinions on my girl name. DH's last name is Franco & I'm struggling to find something that will flow well with that. I know our choices lean towards the popular end but we are ok with that. We like Summer as a middle name but I don't think it goes well with all of our choices. Thanks in advance for your input, suggestions are welcome as well & would be great!!!

Madeleine Rose Franco (are the initials MF bad or am I overthinking?)

Gabrielle (or Gabriella) Summer Franco (nn: Ella or Ellie, not a fan of Gabi)

Liliana Isabelle Franco (nn: Lily)

Ella Summer Franco

As I said, I would love suggestions as well, I love the name Carys but DH says no way... :(

Re: Love this board...opinions on my girl name?

• Just for a concern: Generally, do not put your last name on these boards (even if it's DH's, and not yours...it still leads to you) you never know who's reading them. Use something that "sounds like" the last name.

I like Madeleine Rose - I do share your concern with the MF initials though.

If you don't like Gabi - I wouldn't go with Gabrielle...just in case.

I like Lily and Liliana, and I think it sounds good with the LN.

Not a huge fan of Ella with your LN.

• I *love* all of your choices. Any of them would be great.

My husband's initials are MF. It's never been a problem at all. 

Blank!
  • Loading the player...
  • My top picks would be: 

Madeleine Rose (I don't think the MF initial thing is a big deal)

or

Liliana Isabelle

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those are all great picks  :)

I love Madeleine Rose ~ sounds so sweet!  I wouldn't worry about MF.  Most kids aren't going to be able to put that one together until at least the end of middle school, and even then not that awful

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    I really like Liliana and Gabrielle. I love Summer for the middle name.?
  • I like Madeleine Rose and Lilliana Isabelle best. Have you thought of Lillian Rose instead of Liliana? I think it flows well.

My top pick out of your choices is Madeleine, because it sounds good as a full name "Madeleine Franco." I think Lily Franco or Ella Franco sound nice too, but the extra syllables in Madeleine just sound better to me with the last name.

Good luck! You can't go wrong with any of yoru choices. They are all pretty, classic names.

• My first choice was Gabrielle until you said the nn would be Ellie or Ella. I'm just not into that as a nn for Gabrielle. It doesn't seem natural to me like Gaby.

So, I vote for Liliana , nn Lily. Very pretty! Although I like Liliana Rose better than Liliana Isabelle. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Liliana Rose is a great suggestion, thanks everybody!
  • Gabriella is nicer than Gabrielle. Liliana is different, but classy! I like it.?
  • I like them all except Ella.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"