Secondary IF
Options

Do I have to wean completely before seeing RE for baby #2?

I am still nursing 2x/day, morning and before bedtime.  DD is now almost 15 months old, and I still have not had my first PP AF.  Just curious as to people's thoughts...will the RE make me wean completely before seeing me or treating me for secondary IF?  I had clomid/IUI for DD for anovulation and LPD.  Thanks!

Re: Do I have to wean completely before seeing RE for baby #2?

• Options
    I am not 100% certain because I FF, so when I went back for treatments it wasnt an issue. But I do have a good friend who did IVF for all of her children (singleton and then twins), and when she went back to the RE before he would start her next IVF he said she had to wean. I am not sure if it would be different for Clomid or not.
  • Options
    Ditto Mrs S.  I am not sure.  Some women manage to get pg while BF.  Must be nice.  For others the prolactin really screws around with their systems.  If I had to hazard a guess I would say that yes, you would be required to wean if only to minimize any other hormonal interference while ttc.  I don't know what effect clomid would have on BM either whether it's excreted in which case you wouldn't want DD having any of that, or if it would somehow stop / diminish supply.  IDK.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went back to my RE when my DS was 10 months old (I was still nursing 4x/day) and I did have to wean completely to start treatment.
  • Options

it really depends on your RE,

Clomid is not unsafe while nursing.

This is going to be my second time taking CLomid while nursing.

GL!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"