Baby Names
Options

WDYT of Winter?

This was a name of a main character in a book I read 3 years ago. This is also DH and I's favorite season, we love the cold Big Smile !. Our sons name is Christian so our other options are Camryn, Carys and Cadence if we choose to stick with the C theme. We will start TTC again in Septenber and I am hoping for a girl. I love the name Winter. WDYT?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: WDYT of Winter?

• Options
    I know someone who just named their DD Winter Rose...I wouldn't use it but I do think it's pretty.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    I prefer Carys.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejenerally:
    I prefer Carys.

Ditto. But I kinda like Carys Winter.

• Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    Summer and Autumn are pretty, but Winter is too out there for me which is kinda silly considering it's just another season.?
  • Options

I love the name Winter!

I went to high school with a Winter and she's a very cool chick!  She was a little out there/rebelous in HS, now she's a lawyer still with a bit of a rock and roll side  :)

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I like it better as a mn.
  • Options

I'm not a big fan of season names... nms.

• Options
    Oh, but I love Camryn!!!!
  • Options
    imagefredalina:

Winter is the best of your choices.  i do not like the superfluous use of "Y".

The problem with Winter is she'd  have to be a super hottie to pull it off.  If she's pretty, personable, etc, it's all good.  If she's a nerdy awkward wallflower, not so good.  i know that sounds harsh, but you know it's true on some level.  Not that your girl won't automatically be a hottie ;).

I agree with this about a lot of names. Cool, self-confident kids can pull off some unusual names that awkward kids would be made fun of for.

• Options
    Winter is nms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kgwenkgwen member
    I love the name Carys!  reminds me of Catherine Zeta Jone's baby though-- but not too many people know that.  Winter reminds me of Harlow Winter Kate, Nicole Richie's baby.  Its pretty but NMS.  I spend too much time reading US magazine LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Winter was our #1 top girl name... until we realized that our last name is Weldon. It sounds horrible with our last name Sad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's cold...
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    NMS, but not bad. I think Winnie would be a cute nn! I wonder how Winter would look on a Resume though? It's one of those things, give her a more conventional middle name if you do it so she can switch if she wants to.
  • Options
    winter the season? i love. winter the name... no.  i love bacon, but i'm not naming my child that.
  • Options
    EmmieBEmmieB member
    imagelizzels:
    imagefredalina:

The problem with Winter is she'd  have to be a super hottie to pull it off.  If she's pretty, personable, etc, it's all good.  If she's a nerdy awkward wallflower, not so good.  i know that sounds harsh, but you know it's true on some level.  Not that your girl won't automatically be a hottie ;).

I agree with this about a lot of names. Cool, self-confident kids can pull off some unusual names that awkward kids would be made fun of for.

I'm agreeing with this, too. 

That being said - I <3 Winter.

• Options
    imageamandarene112:

imagejenerally:
    I prefer Carys.

Ditto. But I kinda like Carys Winter.

I kinda like this

• Options
    imagefredalina:

Yea, I totally know what you mean. With a name like that she will have to have some spunk to back it.

• Options

imageamyfelice:
    NMS, but not bad. I think Winnie would be a cute nn! I wonder how Winter would look on a Resume though? It's one of those things, give her a more conventional middle name if you do it so she can switch if she wants to.

We thought about this too, so we are considering using it as a middle name and calling her Winter as a child. If she chooses to continue with it as an adult or go by her first name that will be fine. Before we knew the sex of DC #1 we had Victoria Winter as our girls name. Now that DS name is Christian, I kinda want to stay with the C theme, but who knows we may change our minds.

• Options
    Eh, if you TTC in Sept.and it works sooner rather than later, you're looking at a baby in late May, or June, July, August...etc. Definitely not winter-time. So I'd go with no.
  • Options

?I absolutely LOVE the name, and I certainly don't think it's too "out there"

I do agree that you might want to make sure the seasons align though... If she's born in May or something, it might be a bit odd to name her Winter?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"