Northern California Babies
Options

Dc scared of dark ?? Bedtime TERRIBLE

So this has been going on a few nights, Cam just cries and cries when he goes to bed. He seems like he is scared all of a sudden of his two blankies. I let him CIO tonight for an hour and he was still upset.

Then I read online that at this age their imaginations are so active that they can be scared of it getting dark or maybe they are scared of dreams etc etc. Anyone else go through something like this at 26 months ?? Did it last long ? Any advice ? Or something else I read is maybe he is ready for a bbb cause he feels trapped ??

I'm at a loss. I rubbed his back and sang to him and he fell asleep. But I had to stay in there until he was completely out..........

This is what I was reading :

https://www.mamasource.com/article/28-month-old-suddenly-wont-go-to-bed

Re: Dc scared of dark ?? Bedtime TERRIBLE

• Options

It could be that he's scared of the dark. I know that the boys started going thru something very similar at that age and we've just tailored our bedtimes to make sure that they are easiest for everyone. We have had to stay with them (even laying down with them) until they are asleep. Most times they won't let us leave until they are asleep. We give them their comfort items (both get their blankies and now Sean has added in a stuffed animal or two). It does get better, but I've noticed if we've had a rough day (something out of sync with the schedule or whatever), we'll have a middle of the night waking and/or someone in bed with us.

Huge hugs, Melissa! I know it's very hard as we're still trying to adjust to it all.

• Options

Thank you Erica, its nice to know its something other little ones have gone through Sad

I just felt so bad for him and then he wanted nothing to do with his blankies, which is strange !!!

I hope it is short lived cause I'm tired already !!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Does he have a night light?  I switched Ryan's out for one with a brighter bulb and that seemed to help a bit with the "panic cries" in the middle of the night.  I also put a sippy of water in with him...not sure if that helped or not but since he doesn't do bottles, it was at least something to help soothe him?

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"