Minnesota Babies

pediatrician recommendations - south suburbs?

we live in Burnsville and I am delivering at Fairview Ridges. Any great pediatricians to recommend?

Re: pediatrician recommendations - south suburbs?

• Southdale Pediatrics is a great office!  They are right next door to the hospital.  We've seen a number of pediatricians in the practice over the past few years and have been happy with each.  Dr. Walters is great, Dr. Hansen is great, Dr. Westlund is great, Dr. Oie is great, Dr. Oseid is great...

When you deliver you specify that Southdale Peds will be your child's practice and you get the on-call doctor, regardless of whether you've picked someone specific.  We ended up picking DDs' pedi AFTER she was born.  She was the doc on call and we LOVE her.  (I'm sorry, I won't specifically say who it is, but I will say it is one of the above docs I listed).  I'd honestly be happy with any of those.  The one we picked really meshes well with our parenting style.

In our 3+ years going there, we have gotten a quick appointment every.single.time we've needed it.  I even called at 7 pm one evening when all appointments were taken for the evening and they squeezed us in that night to accomodate.  And if they don't do that, they will check the Edina office to see if there are openings there.

Most of the nurses who staff the phones are great.  I've only had one or two times that it was less than a positive experience.  Otherwise, they listen and have great suggestions and NEVER make you feel dumb for calling (I was on the phone with them a LOT after DD1 was born Stick out tongue )

Highly, highly, highly recommend checking out Southdale Peds! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We also go to Southdale Peds and LOVE it!!!  I knew that was the clinic we were going to use, but didn't have a dr picked out until after my son was born.  He usually sees Dr. Oseid, but he has also seen Dr. Oie, Dr. Hansen, and Dr. Williams.  I have never heard one bad thing about anyone at Southdale Peds, it is highly recommended.  Check out their website at southdalepeds.com.
  • Loading the player...
  • Southdale Peds is a must. They will be the on-call docs that attend to your baby at Ridges once your baby is born, so you'll get a chance to meet some of them then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"