Stay at Home Moms
Options

Night Shifts

Morning ladies.

DH works 5 days- 12 hour shifts. It's exhausting. But every few weeks he switches to nights. It throws me...my body...and the baby off so much it's ridiculous. So I was wondering if anyone else out there has the same issue, and how you handle it.

Re: Night Shifts

• Options

My DH works midnights 1/3 of the year (their shifts rotate). I hate it! He's on midnights rightnow and it's terrible. He makes our bedroom as dark as possible so that he can sleep during the day, plus he sleeps with a radio on to try and block some of the household noise. I know we still wake him up, and it's worse now that DD is older, but there's only so much you can do! On days when he absolutely has to sleep, we run as many errands as possible.

I guess I'm so used to it that it's just a part of life. I get everything I need out of our bedroom when I get up so that I don't have to go back in and wake him up. I don't cook as often when he's on midnights, which is nice!

GL, I know it's hard!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I work two 12hr nights a week to be home with the kids... it's exhausting and I'm cranky the day after... especially if it's during the week when dh has to work.  I won't do this forever... but I'm hoping to manage until ds and dd are in pre-k and kindergarten... then hope to find a parttime day position. :::yawn:::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"