Pregnant after 35
Options

Life is so fragile

My daughter's 5th grade teacher lost her baby during her scheduled delivery Wednesday night.

My daughter is inconsolable. I feel so helpless and sad.

This is so painful.

Re: Life is so fragile

• Options

Yes, it is. How very sad. I am so sorry.

Did they say what happened?

• Options

No one knows what happened. It's been a healthy pregnancy. All I know is the delivery was induced due to her being over-due. The kids have spent the entire year growing close to this baby...seeing ultrasound photos, guessing names, giving her a baby shower. Ugh, so hard.

Not that it makes a difference but, I wish I knew what happened.

I wish I could do something. We've been asked to respect their privacy to give them time to grieve which I can certainly understand.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! ?That's tragic. ?I am so sorry...
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Kari, my heart breaks for them and the kids in her class. I can't even imagine. I will keep them all in my prayers.

• Options
    That is horrible. I was feeling so secure in my 2nd tri but now that I am getting closer to delivery I am starting to realize anything can happen at any time. What a tragic story, I hope your daughter feels better soon it must be really hard to explain to her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's so tragic. I can't even imagine, and hope none of us experiences that kind of pain.
  • Options
    That is horribly tragic and I'm sorry that all of the children (your daughter included) have to learn such horrible things can happen at such a young age.  :(
  • Options

How awful.  I am so sorry for your DD and her teacher. :(

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    What a traumatizing thing for everyone involved. I'm so sad for them all. This is my fear. I wouldn't even begin to know how to handle that..i've had miscarriages in the first and early early second trimester but do not think i could handle carrying a healthy baby to term and losing her. Wow. Again, So sorry for everyone....
  • Options

Oh so sad!  What if you and your DD made a donation to the March of Dimes in the baby's name/on behalf of the baby?  Her teacher wouldn't know, but maybe it would help your daughter some?

So terribly heartbreaking.  I'm sorry.

• Options

Yes, life is so fragile.  It's a life lesson that your DD shouldn't have to learn yet.  Keep her talking and she'll be fine.  My thoughts and prayers are with that poor teacher and her family. So terrible.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nisemsnisems member
    This is so hard to hear - I'm sorry that anyone has to deal with that kind of news.  I imagine it is going to be rough for DD as you approach your due date - of course you and baby will be FINE, but I'm sure she will be extra, unnecessarily nervous because she has been so close to this tragedy.  So so sad - big hugs and good thoughts to all involved.
  • Options
    M.AmyM.Amy member
    This is so terribly sad for everyone involved.  I just can't imagine being strong enough to get through something like this.  How horrible.
  • Options

Oh, no. I feel so bad for that poor woman and her family. It's such an unimaginable tragedy.

I'm also sad to think how this will overshadow your daughter's happiness during your pregnancy. I hope she doesn't spend the next few months fearful of what could happen to LO.

Hugs.

• Options
    I just can not believe how tragic this is. For the om, for your daughter, for the class. It just breaks my heart.
  • Options

How heartbreaking for the teacher and your daughter and her classmates! I couldn't even imagine what this poor woman and her family is going through, and the children must've been so excited going through this pregnancy with their teacher. What a tough thing for them to have to deal with.

• Options
    What a tragic and sad story. I hope your daughter finds comfort during this difficult time. I am sorry.
  • Options
    tlc7068tlc7068 member
    I'm so sorry your daughter and her class have to go thru this.  I feel awful for your daughters teacher.  The closer I get to my due date the more worried I get.  I friend from another group I am involved with also lost her baby shortly after birth due to being induced this month.  It is an awful thing.  I am so sorry.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That is so incredibly sad. It is scary to hear. The 1st trimester was my biggest concern, but hearing stuff like this is a wake-up call that anything can happen.

I really feel for that teacher. For the grief she is going through. Also for how hard it will probably be for her to talk to her students about it when she goes back. Hopefully the school can do something with a grief counselor for the children and have the teacher present as well. I would think being that school is almost over, she may not even go back. I don't think i would be able to if I was in that position.

I really feel bad for your daughter at this point too, having to deal with this while you are pregnant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"