Austin Babies
Options

My platelets are apparently going down

What that means, I'm not entirely sure but the nurse who just called said it's another indicator of possible pre-e.

Soooo I now have to get some kind of big pee-pee container, collect all of my pee for 24 hours, keep it in my refrigerator, and then turn it in somewhere for a urinalysis.  What fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My platelets are apparently going down

• Options
    Oh it's so much fun!  I've had to do that twice.  Just make sure DH doesn't confuse it in the refrigerator with something else.  Hope everything ends up ok!
  • Options
    Wow!  That really sucks! :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh man.  As if you don't have enough going on incubating two babies.

Good luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Do you have high blood pressure as well?

Good luck - hope it turns out ok!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Oh!  Good luck!  Hopefully your numbers will indicate you are not pre-e.

And yes, please be sure to clearly label your container so it's NOT easily confused for something else. Beer  Surprise

ETA: oops!

imageimage
  • Options

I've only seen big red containers that seem to be unmistakable. Good luck with it though. I couldn't even imagine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    oh no! I hope your platelets stay up for a while, your pre-e symptoms go away, and no one mistakes the jug of pee for lemonade.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options
    EmerEmer member

That sucks- I'm sorry.

I read somewhere that you can keep the jug in a cooler full of ice by the toilet so you don't have to keep it in the refigerator.

• Options
    Ugh, I'm so sorry. I hope everything comes back okay!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    That sucks! I hope you don't have pre-e.
  • Options

imagelyndamf:
    Oh it's so much fun!  I've had to do that twice.  Just make sure DH doesn't confuse it in the refrigerator with something else.  Hope everything ends up ok!

Ditto this!  I had to do it twice during my last 2 weeks of pg.  I was able to keep it on ice in the bathroom right next to the toilet instead of the fridge.  I did it on sunday's so that I wouldn't have to bring pee with me to work (how embarassing would that have been!).  It sucks mostly because you are confined to your house - or at least within a close radius to the house so that you can collect all your pee.  Mine ended up NOTHING both times - I think my dr was overly precautious because I was one of her first patients after her residency but with twins I am sure your dr just wants to be sure.  GL you'll get through it! 

• Options
    That stinks!  I hope everything comes back ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yum, lemonade! hope everything is ok!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"