Indiana Babies
Options

lemen: re first steps

Here's what she said:

In my opinion, in short, no...a therapist need not be NDT- certified to be a good therapist.  I know plenty of good therapists who are not!  While it is a hard-earned certificate to have and does have advantages, I don't think it is as beneficial in the 0-3 year population, especially if the child's primary diagnosis is prematurity.  I do believe NICU experience (e.g. has worked at Riley or St. Vincent's) is a good thing to look for.  The two OTs that I know who do First Steps on the west/ possibly north side are Kelly Adkins (she may be more west, but might try her if your friend is NW) and Venetia Pradhan.  Amy Peterson is a friend of mine from Riley who works northside- she is a PT but may be a great choice if she can't find an OT who fit her criteria.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: lemen: re first steps

• Options
    lemen99lemen99 member
    thanks!~!
  • Options

You are very welcome!  I hope you find someone you love!  Everyone I know who has used first steps has had a great experience.  The therapists many times almost become honorary family members!

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll pass them on--my friend has been a PT at Riley the past 10 years.  She's also a good friend of Sara's (slacy). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"