Working Moms
Options

Daycare

We switched to a new daycare last week.  Went from being one of four kids in a home to one of ten kids in a HUGE center.  I do not think she is adjusting well.  She runs to me when I pick her up and wants to leave quickly, is not her usual happy self, and tells us no when you ask her if she is ready to go in the morning.  It is breaking my heart.  I know I have to give it longer, but any one have some words of encouragement? Or experiences that turned out great? Right now I am somewhere between pulling her out andn putting her somewhere else (which is not really an option due to wait lists) or quitting. 

Re: Daycare

• Options

can you try spending some time there with her to help her adjust?  how old is you LO?

Do you think it seems like a good place?   Are you confident about it?  If you are doubting it, I'm sure your daughter senses your wariness.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If it's only been a week, I'd give it some time before you make any big decisions.  It's hard to change everything up, so let her adjust for a while before deciding it's not working.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto pp - it's only been a week, and that was a huge change for her.  I'd give it more time before I'd start to worry about other options.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

If you are comfortable with the center and the teachers then definitely leave her in.  It might take 3 weeks but you should begin to see an improvement and you might learn what makes her more comfortable as far as drop off.  My dd was in the same center 14 weeks - 18 months and recently switched to a new center... she CRIED EVERY morning at drop off but I talk about her new friends by name and her teachers by name and the more familiar she has become with them the better it has gotten.  She has fun there (I have a friend check on her when she drops and picks up her dd).  Good Luck, I know it's stressful Sad

• Options
    if your gut tells you that the place is good, then she really does just need more time to adjust.  try to focus with her on the good parts of a larger daycare system - the friends, the structured activitites, etc.  you can always sign up on a waitlist elsewhere and reevaluate when they call you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"