North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Pedometer Challenge anyone?

I really need to start moving more!  I use to wear my pedometer everyday to measure how many steps I took before I became pregnant.  However, once the baby was in my belly that practice soon fell to the wayside.  Would anyone be interested in posting how many steps they take in a day?  I don't really want to compete with anyone.  I just thought it might be helpful because I would be held accountable.  Anyone interested? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Pedometer Challenge anyone?

• Options
    Sure- I'm in!  I am already participating in a pedometer challenge for work, so I track my steps daily.  I also post them weekly on my blog.  I really don't mind posting them 1 more place each day.  :)
  • Options
    I'm looking to get a pedometer too... Once I get it, I'd be interested!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I might be interested in that too!  I need to get a pedometer though.  I had one before and I didn't like it, so if anyone could recommend one I'd appreciate it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Funny you should post this, I was just reading Callie's blog yesterday and thinking about ordering one. I bet I already take close to 10k steps per daybecause of work, I'd love to challenge myself to make it more.?

Anyone have suggestions for a good, inexpensive pedometer??

• Options
    The pedometer I have is the Accusplit 120.  I like it.  I've never used another pedometer, but it works well.  I think I told Hughes yesterday that one of the features I really like is the leash thing.  It is a 2nd clip that will keep you from losing the pedometer if it starts to slip off your waistband.  Mine has slipped off several times, so I know I would've lost it if it wasn't for that 2nd clip.
  • Options

Yay!  I'm glad you guys want to do this.  As far as a pedometer, I have an old cheepo.  I can't even find it anymore on the target or walmart websites.  However, I found this one and am thinking about getting this one.  It seems to have rave reviews and isn't that expensive. 

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3294308#ShortReviewTitleBar
  • Options
    imagewithoutshoes:

Yay!  I'm glad you guys want to do this.  As far as a pedometer, I have an old cheepo.  I can't even find it anymore on the target or walmart websites.  However, I found this one and am thinking about getting this one.  It seems to have rave reviews and isn't that expensive. 

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3294308#ShortReviewTitleBar

I was researching them last night and found that one too... I like that it does a few other things, and has the strap like ECU recommended.. That price was a little lower than I had found too.. Nice!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

I'm in! I'm also counting my steps for a challenge at work right now, but the way we're set up we can't review other people's progress.

I suggest a post first thing in the morning to let people post their steps from the day before. OH! And you can't forget to add "steps" for other exercise. There are sources online for things like swimming. I think strength training is equal to 100 steps a minute.

• Options
    I like this idea and ECU and ESwan and Jenn&Tim have inspired me. I'm coming up with a million excuses of why I can't but I need to get it together.  So maybe I'll join you?
  • Options
    I have a free one from BCBS and I don't think it can even be worn on your hip. I think it has to be on the shoe! So maybe I'll get a real one too!
  • Options
    I'm so glad you ladies are interested.  Okay, so do you want to start counting Monday Morning?  This gives us time this weekend to go and purchase our pedometers.  How do you want to set it up? Maybe from the time you wake up Monday Morning til the same time on Tuesday Morning?  That means our first post will be Tuesday a.m.?  What do you think?
  • Options
    I'd love to get motivated too.  I have a free one I was given at a work even a few years ago, but I have no idea where it is - grrr!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagewithoutshoes:
    I'm so glad you ladies are interested.  Okay, so do you want to start counting Monday Morning?  This gives us time this weekend to go and purchase our pedometers.  How do you want to set it up? Maybe from the time you wake up Monday Morning til the same time on Tuesday Morning?  That means our first post will be Tuesday a.m.?  What do you think?

Sounds like a plan!

Here's a link to a Step Conversion Chart for those who are interested.

https://www.takesteps.univerahealthcare.com/stepChartPop.jsp

• Options

I'm pretty sure that the walking challenge we're doing at work does not allow us to convert other activities into steps.  They gave us a conversion chart that we could use for informational purposes, but we aren't supposed to convert time spent swimming (for example) into steps and enter that into the program.  I don't really care what anyone else does with regards to that, but I'm only going with my official steps from the pedometer.

I put it on as soon as I get up in the morning and take it off before bed.  Thsoe are the steps I enter for the day.

• Options
    imageECUGirl2004:

I'm pretty sure that the walking challenge we're doing at work does not allow us to convert other activities into steps.  They gave us a conversion chart that we could use for informational purposes, but we aren't supposed to convert time spent swimming (for example) into steps and enter that into the program.  I don't really care what anyone else does with regards to that, but I'm only going with my official steps from the pedometer.

I put it on as soon as I get up in the morning and take it off before bed.  Thsoe are the steps I enter for the day.

This is what I'll do too.  If I can remember to put it on everyday!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemrsmikey:
    imageECUGirl2004:

This is what I'll do too.  If I can remember to put it on everyday!

Just leave it by the bed yuoll remember.

I am also wearing one now and have been for about a week. It really opens your eyes for someone like me who sits all day and thought she moved alot. I dont....I have had to make sure i get up more to at least get my steps in. Id be glad to join. GL Ladies!

• Options

It appears that the pedometer I posted in one of my previous posts is not carried in a wal-mart stores anymore.  Nuts!  However, I will use my rinky dink one until this one comes in.  Thank you Wal-Mart for free store to store shipping! 

I will just post my steps as well.  However, the conversion chart was really cool!  Thanks for posting it.  

I wonder if I could sleep in mine?  Since I still am getting up 3-4 times a night, those extra steps should at least be counted towards something, right? 

• Options
    I'm in.  I'm in need to lose 40-50 lbs. and having some sort of accountability would help me for sure!
  • Options

BTW, do the cheapie ones work good enough?  I got a free one from Fruit2O, a few years ago.  Do I need to buy a nicer one (not trying to cheap out or anything, but just wondering if the free ones even work, or if they are total crap).

**update - cheapie ones are crap.  I'm going to get this one tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"