Alabama Babies
Options

Summer Poll:

Do you have any trips planned for this summer?

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation?

Would you rather drive or fly?

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go?

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?

Re: Summer Poll:

• Options

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? I am going to Panama City Beach with my parents the third week of June, then we have a family reunion in Gatlinburg over 4th of July, and then me and Wes are taking a trip to Savannah the second week of July

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? I love anything with the beach, and I also love cruises...I really wanted to go on one this summer but they cut pregnant ladies off at 24 weeks and Wes only had already taken the week in July off and I'll be somewhere around 28 weeks :(

Would you rather drive or fly? Honestly fly..you get there faster and usually I am less tired

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go? I don't think I have come to think of it

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)? We aren't doing that this year...wanted to wait until we had an outside baby...plus our anniversary is a little more than a week after that

• Options

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? We just went to Chattanooga, are going to Panama City for a few days when DH's family is there and are going to a beach for a week in August. Not sure where yet though.

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? This is a tough question. I love cruises because it's so easy to relax since it's so hard to communicate with cell phones, email, cabin phones, etc. If I could go anywhere though, I would want to go to Switzerland. Love it there.

Would you rather drive or fly? Depends on the place.

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go? When we went to Chattanooga this past weekend- so 3.5 hours. It went pretty good. He's a fan of the DVD player.

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)? He told me the other day he wanted a nice cutting board for the kitchen- he loves to cook. I also know that I am going to get him some I-touch covers because he won't buy them for himself. Maybe Wii Active...wait, that would be something I want.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    aubie96aubie96 member

Do you have any trips planned for this summer?  already did our big trip to Italy but we go to Seaside/Blue Mtn beach every 4th, so I'm looking forward to that and visits w/family

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation?  beach or family mountain house.  But I LOVED Italy and all my trips to CA.

Would you rather drive or fly?  fly any day.

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go? n/a

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?  right now I'm not big on Father's day as my dad died when I was 16, but would be nice if I got a BFP in time for this years FD!!!!!

• Options
    imageaubie96:

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?  right now I'm not big on Father's day as my dad died when I was 16, but would be nice if I got a BFP in time for this years FD!!!!!

That would be so sweet! I have a friend who got her BFP on Father's Day last year!

• Options
    aubie96aubie96 member
    imagehlw082104:
    imageaubie96:

That would be so sweet! I have a friend who got her BFP on Father's Day last year!

I SERIOUSLY doubt that will happen though.  But I would like to get a BFP this summer.  Am really hoping for that.

• Options

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? Yep, traveling to Gulf Shores last weekend in August where I will be pulling bridesmaid duty for a VERY good friend.  I should be about 5-6 weeks post partum so lets hope all goes well. We are planning to take baby.  My mom is coming also to help out.

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? I fell in love with Orlando when we went for our honeymoon.

Would you rather drive or fly? Depends on the distance.  I don't mind flights 2-3 hours...

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go? I guess we'll see in August!  Stay tuned. :)

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)? Initially I thought nothing of it, but I was planning to get DH a monogrammed man diaper bag.  Father's day would be a good time to give it to him. I'm going to include a sweet note from baby, saying stuff like "Mommy has been telling me what a great dad you're going to be, and I'm so excited..."  Cute?

• Options

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? None as a family...I have a girls trip in NOLA that I'm looking forward to and DH has a boys trip-  we need some "me" time after the year we've had! lol

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? We are usually just going to visit family in various places so we don't have a go to destination, but I guess I would say Atlanta or Destin

Would you rather drive or fly? pre baby- fly....post neither

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go?  3 hours to Montgomery and it did not go well AT ALL-  he hates his car seat and screamed the last 1.5 on the way up and the way back

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?  Since we've had an unusual year, I actually decided to go all out for DH.  I bought him a navigation system for his truck and he loves history so I got him a signed copy of Winstom Groom book....

• Options
    uagirluagirl member

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? We;re going to the beach next weekend for our anniversary, and New Orleans in August.  I'm sure we'll add in a few weekend trips to the beach and maybe Atlanta somewhere in there.

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? The beach or Disney World.  Since Disney World costs too much to go frequently, I'll settle for the beach.

Would you rather drive or fly? Long trips, fly. Short (Less than 5 hours), drive

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go? N/A

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)? N/A

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Options
    loyo03loyo03 member

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? Yes, we are going to try to go w/ my family to Charleston in June, then I am going to go to Atlanta with some friends in July and DH is going to south FL with friends (I will have AC with me). And we are going to go to the beach for a week with some friends at the end of July

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? hmm..before baby is was big cities--NYC, LA, etc...after baby prob places like the beach, and very kid friendly cities-like Chattanooga

Would you rather drive or fly? FLY!!!! I wish that I was wealthy enough to own a plane b/c I would take it everywhere....although we havent tried the plane w/ a little one yet....I used to LOVE road trips, but the older I get, the more and more I dislike them.

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go? as of right now, 3 1/2 hrs...but thinking of driving to Charleston which would be about 7+

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)? I am thinking about getting him a new grill....his is in HORRIBLE condition and he LOVES grilling

• Options

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? We are going to Sandestin mid-June after Taylor's dance recital. We would like to go to the beach w/o kids some time later summer, we'll see.

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? I love the beach! Any place warm.

Would you rather drive or fly? Fly, although I haven't flown with Lyla yet.

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go?  4 hrs to ATL. It was ok as long as she was asleep but that was a a while back. We went to Chattanooga this spring and she did great!

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?  I have no clue what to get Matt for Father's Day. I will come up with something though.

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Do you have any trips planned for this summer?  not any formal ones planned right now

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation?  caribbean

Would you rather drive or fly?  fly!

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go?  n/a... I've taken short trips with multiple LOs but not any long ones I can think of!

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?  this will depend on whether we have a baby by father's day or not.  it's a waiting game.  lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? We are going to Singapore to visit my parents in August.  I am so excited!! I am just not too excited for an 18 hour flight with a 10 month old.

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? I used to love going to the mountains of Ny, but my grandma died and sold her house so we can't go there anymore.  Now it is just the beach really.

Would you rather drive or fly? I love flying - but we will see after August if I think that way anymore now that we have a baby.

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go? 4 hours to Birmingham.  The 1st time was great - he slept the whole way!  The 2nd time not so great.  He was teething and really wasn't to happy to be stuck in his car seat that whole time.

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?  I don't know definitely, but he needs some new lawn equipment and tools so I might just get him some of that stuff.

• Options
    MissLMSMissLMS member

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? We are going to California next month so that my dad and grandmother can meet Kennedy. It's not really a "vacation" but the closest we'll get this year.

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? Europe. I used to go every two years, and now I haven't been since 2006. DH and I are planning to go back to Norway next summer with the baby.

Would you rather drive or fly? Depends where. If it's close I'd rather just drive. If it's more than 5-6 hours drive, then I'd rather fly.

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go? Kennedy has been to florence twice, so that is 2.5 hours. She slept the whole time.

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)? I already made a card on snapfish.com, but I'm not sure what to get him. I thought about getting him a silver guitar pic engraved with Kennedy's name and birth date. (He plays guitar.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options

Do you have any trips planned for this summer? We're leaving for Germany in 6 days!  And I have a trip planned to Portland in August

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation? I'm thinking Mexico - all inclusive

Would you rather drive or fly? depends on how far

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go?  We took Avery to Nashville (about 2 hours) - she was a gem.  We also have taken her on a plan to portland - and she was great then too

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)? I think we might get him some cologne since he's completely out

• Options

Do you have any trips planned for this summer?  We're going to Destin for 7 days in July with my whole family

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation?  I am a huge traveler...so that is actually tough!  I love beach locations...Hawaii has probably been my best trip ever.

Would you rather drive or fly?  Definitely fly....I hate car trips!

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go?  Never have.  My sister is disabled and we always have to go long trips in two days and make lots of stops for breaks and diaper changes to get her out of her wheelchair for a little while.  Plus we basically pack up the entire house to take her on vacation anywhere. 

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?  I have no idea! He wants something "sentimental", but I have no clue.  For mother's day he did Allie's hand prints in a heart and it said "Imagine what these hands will do one day."  What is there like that for men???

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• Options
    imageSeasideBride06:

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?  I have no idea! He wants something "sentimental", but I have no clue.  For mother's day he did Allie's hand prints in a heart and it said "Imagine what these hands will do one day."  What is there like that for men???

Super sweet! What a great DH!

• Options
    imageloyo03:

Do you have any trips planned for this summer?  Beach at the end of June! 

Where is your favorite place to go on a vacation?  Italy, but if I can't go there, then the beach...any beach!

Would you rather drive or fly?  Fly, definitely.  I HATE long car trips.

What is the longest car ride that you have taken w/ a little one? How did it go?  6 hours is the longest with either of my kiddos.  I wouldn't do longer than that.  If I had to go somewhere further and couldn't fly, then I just wouldn't go!  Haha! 

Have you thought of what you are going to get dh for Father's Day (if anything)?  Hmm...haven't thought about it.  Guess I need to figure that out, huh?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"