North Carolina Babies
Options

Zoo Ladies...

So we've been invited to go to the Zoo Tuesday with one of our playgroups. I'm a little up in the air b/c I'm not sure how much J will actually get out of the zoo right now (even though I know that I would LOVE it!). Did your DC like it (think J's around 10 months), what do you suggest most for that age, etc.

Another factor: J has become a bit fickle about his carseat...sometimes he's fine, others he SCREAMS (sometimes for hours) until you get him out.?

Re: Zoo Ladies...

• Options

Eli would have loved the zoo at any age, just because he loves being outside and strolling around.  At 10 months he probably wouldn't have cared about the animals, but he would have enjoyed being outside and people watching.  There isn't too much for a young baby to do, most of the activities are geared towards toddlers and young kids.  So your day would really just be strolling him or carrying him.

Is the carseat a factor b/c of the ride down?  I'm not sure I have any advice for that, Eli's always been pretty happy in his seat.  Unless you could drive during nap time, but I don't know if that would work if you're going with a group. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Liam was 11 months when we went.  I'd suggest picking one side of the zoo and just doing that.  That's what we did, and Liam did great.  He didn't really see many of the animals though - they were just too far away to catch his attention.  I think he did more people watching, and he enjoyed that.  We saw the Africa side before lunch, then ate at the picnic area, and packed him back up in the car in time for his afternoon nap.

How long of a ride is it for you?  That could be tough if he screamed the whole time :(  Would he sleep on the way home for you?

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"