Adoption
Options

GTKYF

Who is your hero and why?

Mine is my mom. She is such an amazing lady. She is an oncology nurse, and she has such a great outlook on life. She has taught me that the glass is always full and that life is what you make of it.

Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!

Re: GTKYF

• Options

I hope this doesn't sound hokey, but dh is my hero.  We've been through so much over the last 3 years and he has been right there by my side through all of it.  He'll hold my hand and let me cry if I need to cry.  He'll say supportive things (or try to!)  He'll try to make me laugh.  And he has this great faith that we're going to be parents, even if it takes a lot longer than we had ever thought.  His strength makes me stronger.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Mother Theresa - because she had such an amazing personality.  I volunteered with her order of sisters, the Missionaries of Charity in high school, and they had such an impact in my life at the time.   I had the opportunity to see some of the prayers she wrote, or hear of some of her values (forgiveness, faithfulness, joyfulness) that she instilled in others. Amazing woman!

Her entire life mission was serving the poorest of the poor, she never judged people, she loved each unconditionally.  One quote that really stuck with me that I heard while working with those sisters was, "If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Amazing how true that is! This was hanging up in the soup kitchen's area as a constant reminder to the sisters and volunteers, that's was always something I was trying to work on!  With all the pain, hunger and suffering in our world today, she was that *good* in our world.   At some point I was in this obsession stage about her, so I had hung up quotes around the room of some things that she has said, I still have the quotes in a file drawer next to my desk!

My number one favorite:   I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.

Runners up:
    - Do not wait for leaders! Do it alone, person to person. 

- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. 

- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm gonna go with my Dad.  I adore my father and can't think of a single person who has shaped my life more.  His work ethic is unfailing and his values were fundamental to shaping my own moral code.  His personality is like a force of nature and he became a substitute father for more than one of my childhood friends when their own dads left the picture.  To this day, my friends will still contact him for his advice and guidance on things.

My Dad is getting ready to retire this summer and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see him take this next step in my life.  He has worked so hard for the last 45 years to take care of my Mom and I and no one has earned their retirement more.

My father's love and support helped me succeed in school, get a college education (he paid in full), buy my first home, be self-sufficient around a house and garage, and marry the man of my dreams in style.

Quite simply, he is what all Dads should be.

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"