North Carolina Babies
Options

*lah*

I decided to try your walking method again tonight (even though DH wasn't here - so I just had to get Nate to stand and then walk to me) and it worked pretty well.  I guess maybe I wasn't being happy & squealy enough for him before.  :P  He took lots of steps tonight!  He even turned away and tried to walk away from me.  So maybe after more practice like this he'll get more confident.  He was really into it too.  It was obvious that he wanted to keep trying & he was having fun.  Thanks for suggesting it to Mikey.  I"m glad I was nosey & opened the post.  :)

Re: *lah*

• Options
    Yay, I am so glad it worked!! It helped Ashley so much. We definitely cheered her on and showered her with hugs and kisses when she walked to us, I think that is why she liked it so much. She thought it was fun and was really excited to do it, sort of like a game for her. Watch out, before you know it, he will be doing it all on his own :)
  • Options

Now it's my turn to be nosey and butt into your post :)

We tried it last night too and it went really well.  Eli was really tired, but he still had fun walking between us and did it much longer than he normally does with me alone.  We still never got more than 3 steps, but it was definitely more walking than he's ever done at one time before.  And he was so tired, I'm surprised he did it at all!  Thanks so much for the advice!

On a side note-there's another Eli in his class who is a couple months younger, and they both started taking steps at the same time.  When I dropped Eli off this morning, the other Eli was WALKING down the hall to the classroom.  Grrr........

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad it worked well for you too, Mikey!  I'm sure both our boys will be walking before we know it.  I thought for sure Nate would be walking by now since he's been taking steps for a month now... Maybe it won't be much longer!
  • Options
    I'm sure you're right!  Eli started taking steps about a month ago too, and I really thought he'd just take off with it.  As a matter of fact, I think I even bet on it.  Good thing there was no money involved!  But we're going to try to do this exercise every day and see if we can get him going!  I know at daycare they work with him too, but I'm sure some days they just don't get much of a chance.  There are several non-walkers in his class now, so they have more babies to work with now.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so glad it is working for you both, like I said, it really helped Ashley. Mikey, I totally understand, the little girl we do the nanny share with is SEVEN months younger than Ashley and started walking a month before she did, grrr!! Oh well, now you would never know who started walking first :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"