LGBT Parenting

Interesting topic on 6-12

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/16501550.aspx

Just thought it would be interesting if some of you could weigh in with your opinions as you probably have better knowledge than most of the women posting there.

Re: Interesting topic on 6-12

• I've been watching several of the threads on your board today (they were C&P'd elsewhere) and chose not to post.  You'll probably find as many different opinions on the topic within the gay community as you are finding on your board.  Some believe it's all nature.  Some think they are LGBT because of something in childhood.  Others feel they just fell in love with a soul independent of the package it came in.  Of all this - which is most common? IMO you'll hear more people say it's nature.  It's in our genes.  I did not chose to be discriminated against and hated.  I did not chose to make my life harder than it needed to be.  I followed my heart and it lead me to my wife.  I'll take the hardships as long as I get to keep her. Smile

FWIW - I've been in long term relationships with men and have loved them.  However the love I have for my wife is completely different.  As cheesy as it is, she is my other half.  I don't think I would have found that with a man.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • An exgirlfriend used to say, "I'm already black, a woman, and an atheist-why would I choose to be gay?  Just so everyone could hate me?"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Posts like these make me so sad! My mom is gay, she was married 2x to men and had my brother and I. When she finally met the gal of her dreams, she went for it. At the time I was 15 and devistated that my parents divorced, but my mom is so happy. Her and her wife (I call her mom2 & my daughter calls her Mimi) have been together for 11 years, married 9. I have been so blessed to have 2 moms. I don't understand how anyone could think that being gay is a choice, honestly it infuriates me. That's like asking someone who is African American- did you choose to be black? You are who you are!!!
  • imageLovelyLisaS22:
    That's like asking someone who is African American- did you choose to be black? You are who you are!!!
    Hmm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • My point was that you are born the way you are born. You don't choose your race, just as you don't choose your sexuality. Did you wake up this morning and decide to be a woman? No- those are the parts you came with. That was just me trying to put it into perspective. Maybe not the best example.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"