Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Over or Under?

How much weight did you gain during your pregnancy?  I'm trying to be good, but some times the cake is just too tempting to pass up!  I'm at almost 17 weeks and have gained 11 pounds... normal?

Re: Over or Under?

• Options
    I gained 26 lbs total, and I wasn't tiny to begin with. Everyone is different. As long as your dr is ok with it, you're golden.
  • Options
    IMO, everyone gains differently.  It depends on your starting weight too.  If your dr is ok with it, don't worry about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lost 10 (morning sickness), and then gained about 35.  Then I lost 27lbs within the first 2 weeks of PP.  Everyone is different. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    flygeahflygeah member

What everyone else said ;) 

Everything in moderation...Eat cake.. just don't eat the whole cake in one sitting ;)

• Options
    I gained over 60 pounds. More than normal; but my doctor didn't care. She said she gained over 70 with her last one. I did loose it all eventually.
  • Options
    I was right at the 25-30 lb that my midwife recomended. It came off really fast, so I'm glad I didn't gain too much, I might still be struggling! Your Dr. will tell you if you gain too much, just *try* to follow his advice! GL!
  • Options
    I went back to look at my weight at 17 weeks, but didn't start tracking until 21 weeks and I was up 10lbs at that point.  I'm now 34 weeks and up 25lbs - each appt varies - some I gain alot, some I don't gain any.  I wouldn't worry...as long as you aren't just eating "because you can", your body will do what it wants and your dr. will tell you if they're concerned. 
  • Options
    With Hudson, I gained well over 30 lbs, probably more like 40, but I was happy with my weight and size before I got pregnant and wasn't really worried about it, nor was my doctor. With this pregnancy, I'm almost 12 weeks and haven't gained any since I got my positive pregnancy test (thank goodness), but am up over 10 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight from before I had my miscarriage in January. So, I am starting out with some extra poundage to begin with. I haven't had any major increase in appetite or cravings so far and I plan on beginning a workout routine after I get in the second trimester in order to help maintain a healthy weight gain this time around. I did lose everything from when I was pregnant with Hudson within the year afterward and that's without dieting or working out, just being cautious of what I eat and being more active chasing after a little one! My weight seem to drop, then went back up a bit once I stopped breast feeding and went back to work and then back down after my body and all of my hormones got regulated back to normal. I totally agree that it doesn't sound excessive and definitely your doctor will let you know if there is a concern. You can always ask them as well if you continue to feel a bit worried about it.?
  • Options
    I gained about 35lbs total, and I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. ?I lost it all within a couple of months, but I breastfed (that burns a LOT of calories). ?
  • Options
    I gained 27 during my pregnancy which is what my MW recommended (although i was a bit chunky before my BFP), so my MW wanted to make sure i stuck closer to the 25 pound mark rather than the 35 pound area, lol.  Ditto everyone else, so long as your Dr/MW is okay with it, then all is well!  GL!
  • Options
    It really does vary. I ate right and worked out up until about 36 wks and I gained nearly 40 lbs.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. I always wanted to be one of those girls that only gained 25-30 lbs but with #1 I gained 60 and with #2 I gained 50.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"