Parenting after a Loss
Options

A&D vs Butt Paste

Or dr recommended washing and drying Emily's chunky rolls, especially around her neck, and then putting on A&D ointment to keep things clean and dry during the summer.  We have Butt Paste here, no A&D.   

Should I go out and buy A&D or do you think I can use Butt Paste?   Why don't I think of asking these things while I'm with the dr?!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A&D vs Butt Paste

• Options
    For nooks and crannies on Kate we use aquaphor and it works wonders on her little (or rather large) rolls.
  • Options
    we use aquaphor, as Spencer has the begininng stages of eczema.  However in the event that A&D was needed we have used butt paste in it's place.  I believe they both serve the same purpose.

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've never thought to use butt paste anywhere but on DD's tush - but I love that stuff - it works great for us to prevent rashes or sooth mild ones.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this though - how would A&D ointment keep her dry? That stuff is gunky and greasy - I'd think it would just hold moisture on her skin. I wouldn't know though since I've never tried it. Between the two I'd opt for the butt paste - it's not as messy and IMO it smells nice, kinda cake-battery, not like ointment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Butt paste might be too gritty. A&D or some other smoother cream would be lots better. The only draw back to A&D is that it stings if there is even the slightest irritation.
  • Options
    aquaphor is my first choice for everything.  whenever hadley scratches her face i put it on and the scratch is gone within hours.  that stuff is amazing.
  • Options
    I pink puffy heart A&D, so I would buy some if I were you. ?It's great for just about everything. ?FWIW - the generic A&D at Target is great, and about half the price.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just use plain old petroleum jelly and it works fine.
  • Options
    I make my own diaper rash cream and use it for that as well.  I would think Butt Paste would work okay, or as others mentioned, petroleum jelly or aquaphor.
  • Options

I've only used it on her butt, but I absolutely LOVE my diaper rash and thrush ointment by motherlove.  It has an olive oil base instead of cod oil like most diaper cremes.  There is no smell, approved for CD, and does amazing things for her skin.  It's kind of pricey, but I love that it is all natural. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"