Parenting
Options

Calling Mom babysitter's name

Has this happened to anyone else?  I read a post or two that mentioned it and a review in a newspaper about last night's J&K premeire.  DD has slipped and called me "Miss Tiffy" at least twice.  She only goes to daycare 2 to 3 days a week and one or two of them is always a half day because I work some evenings.  I just laughed it off and took pleasure in the fact that she really feels comfortable with her daycare provider. 

Is it really as big of a deal that people are making it out to be?  (Not taking into account all of their other problems...)

Re: Calling Mom babysitter's name

• Options

I call DS my brother and my younger nephew's name sometimes.  I have even called DS our dog's name! 

DS hasn't called me his teachers names but I could completely understand if he did.  It wouldn't bother me.

Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

No, but I used to call my babysitter my "daytime mommy," and I always knew who my real mom was. 

Penelope Leach has just written a book on childcare in the US and discusses the fact that even if you are gone alot your children don't forget you and you remain the most important people to them.

I agree that people make too much of this type of thing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think it is a big deal.  It is the same if an adult were to slip and call someone the wrong name.  My kids call my mother and mil each other's names.  They have called me Grammy or Daddy.  At teh same time when I was a toddler teacher I had kids call me mommy...not because that is how they think of me but because it is a name they say a lot.  I think it is an innocent mistake.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD has called me the sitters name, and she has called the sitter mommy.  It is not a big deal.  She is with her as much as she is with me.  She knows who her mommy is, she just slips.
  • Options
    I have had middle and high school students call me mom in class. ?It is just a force of habit, I think.
  • Options
    There are many times that DS calls me his teachers name.  It usually happens shortly after I pick him up from school.  I don't take any offense to it at all. 
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"