Blended Families

Poll: DS and a new bike, to wait or not to wait??

long story short, Nathan is getting a new bike.  DH wants to give it to him the last day of school which is June 10th.  The problem is Nathan won't be around much to enjoy it after June 10th.  (he'll be with the spermdonor for his vacation)  I would like to give it to him now,  so he can enjoy it for the weeks and this weekend when he is home.  WWYD?

Re: Poll: DS and a new bike, to wait or not to wait??

• Give it to him now...it'll give him more time to actually use it.
  • What is the bike for? If its for his birthday - I would wait.. Most kids will still expect gifts on their birthday even if they got it several weeks earlier... If its just a nice gesture gift, I'd give it to him now.  Can he take it to his dads so that he can enjoy it there?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsBPOMrsBPO member

imageJ+R:
    What is the bike for? If its for his birthday - I would wait.. Most kids will still expect gifts on their birthday even if they got it several weeks earlier... If its just a nice gesture gift, I'd give it to him now.  Can he take it to his dads so that he can enjoy it there?

I'm leaning with J+R here.  If it's a gift, it should wait for the occasion.  If it's a "summer" present get it now.  Or, if it's a gift, make it a summer thing with the knowledge that it's a gift for the occasion and get him a little something for the occasion instead.

Meh on taking it to dad's.  How often would he ride it on vacation?  Or is he staying home with him.  Honestly, let dad buy him his own bike for over there.  :evil cackle:

Photobucket
  • Give him his bike now.
  • We've decided to give it him tonight.  We promised him a long time ago that when he learned to ride a 2 wheeler we'd get him a new bike.  He didn't want one.  Now he does and he's busted his but in school.  Unfortunatley, the spermdonor does not allow him to have any of his things from home. 
  • now
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • I would give it to him now and explain to him that it's an end of the school year gift but you wanted him to have it early!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"