Blended Families
Options

If you had $500 to spend on a fun item....

what would it be?

I want the new Kindle SOOOOOOO terribly bad right now, I can taste it.  

I used to be a voracious reader.  With Monks, I find the moments where I could read are few and far between.  But with the new Kindle's read out-loud option,  I could have the books READ to me while I am in the car, making dinner, outside with the baby, etc.

But the cost!!!!

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: If you had $500 to spend on a fun item....

• Options
    I'd redecorate, I could do a lot with 500.00 right now
  • Options
    I would take the kids to the Wisconsin Dells
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsBPOMrsBPO member
    Hmmm.  That is a tough one.  I think an experience rather than an item.  A weekend at Raging Wolf or horseback riding lessons for the kiddo for a few months (since we're going there with the riding lessons anyway.)

Photobucket
  • Options
    FloF9FloF9 member
    I would have to say spend money for our anniversary trip coming up.
  • Options

I would buy  something fun. A pair of fancy shoes or a handbag, or a day at the spa. Probably the spa day, I could use some destressing.

• Options
    I would spend it on a shopping spree for me and me only and I would take only my mother. Everytime I go shopping, I always pick up something for DD even though she doesn't need anything and taking DD shopping is a terror.  A nice haircut and some new clothes would be nice.
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Options

Go with FI and SDs to 6 Flags for the weekend.  That was soooo fun, but we can't afford it this year :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Test drive the read out loud feature on the Kindle first. ?I know the first Kindle had a droning mechanical voice that you might find annoying. ?I have not heard the voice on the Kindle 2.

If you want audio books, I might consider getting a subscription to Audible.com and check out a bunch of books. ?You can probably get a lot for $500. ?Also, I have found that my local library now has audio books to download straight onto your computer...no trip to the library necessary!

Audio books are my favorite things, so I like them to be portable. ?Nothing like listening to Harry Potter to make cleaning the bathrooms more bearable! ?I load things (books, podcasts) onto my Ipod and then they can go anywhere with me without disturbing anyone else!

?

• Options
    Either a Kindle or a new sewing machine.

Click me, click me!
  • Options
    Spa day for myself or a fun weekend trip down the coast to Oregon or CA for DS and I...ahh to have money...
  • Options
    Would take that extra $500 and find it reasonable to book 4 flights to Florida to see my in-laws, with my husband and 2 steppies, for the weekend, at least.  The girls haven't seen their grandparents in over a year. Sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"