Blended Families
Options

Jon & Kate +8 last night???

Wow, what a mess! I felt truly awkward watching that episode... the tension was thicker than 5" plexiglass.

Opinions on their behavior, anyone? My take: Kate was one lonely tear away from throwing him under the bus at any second and would've loved to vengefully call him out on TV but she was good at keeping her cool. And Jon was trying hard to come off as the innocent guy vying for privacy when I think instead he came off as the guilty guy omitting what he deemed the important information on his innocence to 'protect' his family... seemed like a red flag.

Either way, what a rough situation... I can't imagine, with 8 kids involved... hopefully the media back off of them... they may be annoying sometimes- people may hate them- but they still deserve some respect, especially now.

Re: Jon & Kate +8 last night???

• Options
    To me it totally seemed like she was was willing to try and he was just waiting to file the divorce papers, He totally came off as a guilty low life imo. "SO what do you think the future holds"  Jon "I'm here for the kids" I think he's going through a mid life crisis
  • Options
    im soo upset that i missed it!!!   Does anyone one know when it will air again?
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tonight on TLC
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

He came off as really guilty to me.  Especially since they're talking about divorce (Kate said "this may be our last family picture").  I thought they were airing a LOT of dirty laundry and saying stuff I would not say on TV if it were me and my husband.

The part that made me mad was when Kate said "he wants to just be himself, and have a private life" (or something to that effect) and then said "but he'll just have to deal with it because that's not an option".  I don't think it's anything new that Jon doesn't want to do the show.  When they asked about doing another season last time he said "i'm not sure" and she said "DEFINITELY".  To me, she has to choose between the show and Jon, and it seems like she's picking the show.  If you noticed, when they asked about the future, they both said "i'm here for the kids" neither one of them mentioned their marriage but Kate was more insistent than Jon was, probably because she treats him like crap and he's not looking forward to 15 more years of it.

If they were normal people I would suggest they take a vacation with just the two of them to get reconnected but I really don't see how that's possible with 8 kids.  I doubt they'll get a divorce though, can you imagine what his CS would be?  ::shudder::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SaranSaran member
    Would he even have to pay CS? He doesn't work and she does. He quit his job to stay home with the kids. She's does speaking engagements, books, etc.. and travels while he stays with the kids. She might be the one paying the CS. Don't know. In the end, if they really are thinking about the kids, they will get off the TLC couch and get onto a counselors couch and get their marriage back on track for the kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ohhhhh good point.  I forgot about that.  In my head I was just thinking she'd get custody cause she's the mom.  It would be an interesting case to say the least.

I totally agree, Saran, they need to stop doing the show.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

He gets paid too. TLC pays them as a family, so he's got income as well. so yes, he could pay CS.

I'm just sad for them.  I think the spotlight got to be too much for him. kate was gone a lot. he had to bear the brunt of the kids by himself and the nanny/helper they have....men have a hard time with that.

I don't know that I believe he's cheated. Kate said she has no issues with the other woman on the Today show and she knows who this woman is - it was just Jon being out late, away from home, partying and allowing the paparazzi to catch him in a situation that could be misconstrued as inappropriate and blown out of proportion.

My take was Jon's got some issues and is not enjoying this anymore and has chosen a bad way of dealing with it.  Still deserves a kick in the ass. Because that's not being there for the kids.

I hope they work it out though.  They are a cute couple and family.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"