Minnesota Babies

Has anyone delivered at Abbott Northwestern?

My doctor is works with Women's Health Consultants and delivers out of Abbott Northwestern.  Has anyone out there delivered at this hospital before?  If so, I would love to hear some of your experiences!  Things you liked, or didn't like?  Did you take any of the classes they offer through the Allina system?

Re: Has anyone delivered at Abbott Northwestern?

• I love Abbott!! I'll be delivering there this week or early next week (induction). All of the rooms are private. I've been to L&D a couple of times and the nurses are always so friendly!! DH and I took the birthing class, breastfeeding class and baby prep class through them and really enjoyed all of them. They were very informational.
  • I did, and loved it.  I actually used to work their.  It is a great hospital, and everyone I encountered was wonderful.  I have freinds that delivered there as well and had a great experince.  I took the one day birthing class, but that is it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mmsgalmmsgal member
    I delivered our first there. The nurses and doctors were great. The room was nice because it was private. The food was good too. I didn't take any classes. I didn't see the purpose in them.
  • I delivered there.  The nurses were awesome.  They really helped make my experience what I wanted it to be.  My husband was less than impressed with the pull out chair/bed thing he had to sleep on, but I think that's to be expected.  I told him to get over it!  We took the breastfeeding class and the one-day birthing class.  I enjoyed both of them.  They really understood if you needed to get up and walk around or get a drink or anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"