Maryland Babies
Options

Moving to Baltimore

Hey Mamas!

I am moving to Baltimore from Seattle in August and am wondering if you guys have any ideas for mommy and me classes? I have been looking into Gymboree, but so far that is all I have found. We are going to be living in Harford county, but my husband will be starting law school at UMB, so some classes in the city might not be too bad. Any other ideas besides classes to do around the area with babies?  In Seattle we have a lot of community centers that offer activities and classes, but I am don't seem to find that in Baltimore. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Moving to Baltimore

• Options
    I am apart of two meetup.com groups that have a lot of mommy and me classes and activities that are offered and also gives you an idea of what is offered out there in the community. ?The two groups are the Harford Toddler group and the Harford, Baltimore, and Cecil county mom's group. ?Both have weekly activities, playdates, etc at different places. ?Let me know if you have further questions.
  • Options
    Welcome to Bmore! ?There are a couple Stroller Strides groups in Baltimore City, maybe in Harford County too. ?Check the Stroller Strides website for more info.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think there is a new YMCA in Harford Co, I think in Abingdon? They should have Gymboree-style classes, plus swimming, etc. There are also 2 really nice playgrounds in Harford Co. - Annie's Playground and Lyn Stacie Getz Creative Playground. Also, Barnes & Noble and the public libraries have storytimes, you can check their websites for days and times. There are lots of moonbounce places now with free-play times too. Also check the White Marsh (Baltimore Co.) area for activities.

Harford Co to Baltimore city is a good drive, esp with traffic, not a drive I would want to do with a child for a one hr class. But the City is a great place for special outings - zoo, aquarium, MD Science Center, Balt Harbor, etc.

Welcome to the area!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There's also Chesapeake Mommies... https://www.chesapeakemommies.com/forum/

It's not a mommy and me class, as it's more of a mom's group based out of Harford and Cecil Counties, but they have a LOT of activities involving all age groups.

• Options

I second   www.chesapeakemommies.com

there are tons of playdates and activities..  Its a great group 

• Options
    I'm not much help with the classes, but I moved to Baltimore from Seattle too! ?I went to grad school at ?UW and ended up here for a job.
    Nothing to see here....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"