Success after IF
Options

How did you feel after your cerclage?

I think October11 has been updating you all - thanks! :) And thanks for all the positive thoughts. Cerclage was placed on Wednesday and I was sent home today. Fingers crossed...

I was wondering how you felt after your cerclage, if you had one. Well mainly if you had any side effects. I feel totally fine, I just have a lot of watery discharge. It mainly comes when I stand up from having been laying down. My doctor, two other doctors and like 5 nurses told me this was totally normal after a cerclage, but I still find it kind of freaky. I KNOW it's not amniotic fluid, but still.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How did you feel after your cerclage?

• Options

What are the doctors saying? Is everything okay?

Sorry, I don't have an answer and I hope I am not headed in that direction.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

No problem! Everyone was asking about you and sending lots of thoughts, prayers and vibes. :)

I'm SO glad you're home!! And that the procedure went well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just sent you an email.  Happy Friday.
  • Options

I had discharge for weeks (pink, brown, red right after procedure) and cramping the first day really bad.  Since you are past that point, that is A HUGE HUGE positive as cerclages done later can induce labor at the time of placement (or water bag can rupture).   Since none of that happened, YOU SHOULD be fine!  Oh, I assume your drs still tell you to be on bedrest because a transvag cerclage are good, but put in later don't hold as long as those put in proactively.  They are good, but you can't be normal ocmpletely although my dr told me I could.

https://moresunshineafterrain.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

the day after my procedure I had a pink gush - brough on by diarhea from antibiotics.  I assume youa re on antibiotics to ward off infection.

congrats on getting it - you made the right decision!

• Options

if you aren't on antibiotics, make them give them to you....most girls on the ic forum - let me know if you need that URL - get antibiotics before, during and after procedure (7-11days or whatever).  I had it during and after, not before.

you will feel the tampon feeling while it heals up.  you will be able to feel your cervix -sometimes.

• Options

oh and my norm was a tan discharge daily....drs won't tell you this but take COLACE.  You don't want to push to BM- with a cerclage.  At least that is what I'm told...I think ppl who say that are right.

I had tan discharge DAILY mainly after BM.  ask your dr about colace, but it is usually fine for most.  you can get it over the counter.

try not to get constipated (drink water and avoid, rice, apple, bannana or whatever that acronym is).

• Options
    imageJGirl2005:

if you aren't on antibiotics, make them give them to you....most girls on the ic forum - let me know if you need that URL - get antibiotics before, during and after procedure (7-11days or whatever).  I had it during and after, not before.

you will feel the tampon feeling while it heals up.  you will be able to feel your cervix -sometimes.

Thanks. I was on IV antibiotics the day before, day of and day after the cerclage. MFM said I didn't need any more after that.  And I'm still on bedrest!! He said I should shower daily and can be up for 20 minute stretches at a time (although I doubt I'll dare to be up that long!).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had some pinkish discharge for 2 days and then some watery discharge...I was on IV antibiotics for several days after my cerclage and then oral antibiotics for another week...but I had a rescue cerclage....so maybe that's the difference. I was crampy for awhile too...however they kept me in the hospital for 3 weeks after my cerclage. Fun times.
  • Options
    After both of mine I felt a bit of pressure on the inside.  I had my first at 21 weeks with my twins and my second at 23w6d with Chris.  I was really crampy after my first one with my twins and ended up going into PTL as a result.  With Chris, I was better and only on bedrest for a month, until 28 weeks then PIH started and I was right back on bedrest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"