Alabama Babies
Options

Not really sure how to take this?

I finally got brave enough to post my belly pics on my blog a couple of days ago.  I posted a 6 week, 12 week, almost 18 and a 19 week pic.  Okay first let me say I am not a tiny girl...I have a little cushion for the pushin.  But one of my oldest friends in the world (we've known each other 19 years) commented on them.  Her comment said:

Good for you taking belly pics...not me...just couldn't bring myself to do it!

It's just not exactly what I would have expected.  I think my hormones are working overtime but I kinda thought what is she saying I am fat or something...I'm sure that's not what she meant.  I disclaimed it by saying that I still don't think I look pregnant.

Oh and sorry if you read this before I was able to finish it...stupid bump posted before I was finished and i had to go back.

Re: Not really sure how to take this?

• Options
    Just from reading her comment, I didn't get the impression she was being rude or calling you fat.  It seems like she was just truly admitting that she wasn't comfortable with the way she looked to do it also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageAndrea11:
    Just from reading her comment, I didn't get the impression she was being rude or calling you fat.  It seems like she was just truly admitting that she wasn't comfortable with the way she looked to do it also.

Yeah I think you are right...I'm not that super comfy taking them either but I figured that it would be something I regretted if I didn't take them, so I am doing it.  Okay thanks for confirming to me that it's just these crazy hormones lol!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So when are you going to post them here?
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagesoon2Bmrs.AGEE:

I don't know yet :)  Probably when I think I look more pregnant...right now I just don't feel like I do...I feel like I look like I can't pass up the donuts.  But I promise I will hopefully soon :)

• Options
    imagestar21gazer:

imagesoon2Bmrs.AGEE:

I don't know yet :)  Probably when I think I look more pregnant...right now I just don't feel like I do...I feel like I look like I can't pass up the donuts.  But I promise I will hopefully soon :)

I guess we can wait.....sigh....just kidding! I understand. Looking forward to it! :)

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageAndrea11:

yeah I agree with this.  

DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • Options

I'd say- no worries! I'm sure she's just uber-conservative/super-body-concious. 

I did the same thing, posting my belly pics on my blog...actually one was my Bump icon too! Before I posted them  I thought about how interesting/fun it was for me to watch and track my preggers friends. Pregnancy is an amazing thing =)

Prior to the pg, I'd never post a picture of me in a swimsuit, not even a one-piece, but when I was preggers I felt it merited the bare-belly pictures. I was proud of my growing bump PLUS my preggers blog is serving as a journal too so I'll have it printed as a memory book, kinda like a scrapbook.

• Options

I think it's good that you're taking belly shots!  I think that for some girls, it's too exposing, so they are embarrassed to do it.

I got the same comments and i'm pretty sure I'm bigger than you are but I think it's not about your size - it's about how comfortable you are with your body.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"