South Florida Babies
Options

vent

i just came on here to vent and let it all out really

i dont want bombard my dh with this anymore

i got an email from HR (for the 2 phone interviews i just had) and they rejected me. i know this is just one company and there are many more out there...but the reality of it is that the market is horrible and god knows how long it will take me to find another job. i feel like s***....i feel like my resume is pretty impressive but it has gotten me no where. i honestly feel unaccomplished and i feel that i went to school for a bulls*** degree that has gotten me no where. if i haven't mentioned before, this is the 3rd layoff btwn dh & myself so the pressure of it has just hit me. i hate this state and what it has to offer, i hate that there are no jobs in miami, i hate that i have never been able to be stable with a company for more than 2 years. i hate that for almost the past year dh has had 2 jobs and that we have been struggling without room to breathe. this has nothing to do with the fact we have a baby by no means, this has to do with the market he is in and my not being stable with any company i have worked for. i hate that my daughter is being put through this. i have applied to nearly 200 places and i've only gone on 2 interviews. i hate that there are less than 6 weeks left before july 1st and i have no idea what im gonna do.

and to add insult to injury....i recommended a "friend" (and i use that term losely) to my sister for a cake she wants. she treated my sister as an underdog and was really rude and unprofessional, wanting to not pay my sister at all until delivery and not wanting to sign a contract but expecting service as well as no deposit. she not only screamed at my sister and bitched her out but she called me and somehow involved me in this mess and now doesnt stop texting me and leaving me voicemails (i really didnt think she was so middle-schoolish with having a daughter and all). i feel embarrassed that i introduced this person to my sister and that she was treated this way but such a tasteless b****

im really not wanting any sympathies or comments on this post i just reallllyyyy needed to vent

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: vent

• Options

Vent away Evelyn. Really praying that jobs begin to gain strength again because I know tons of extremely qualified people that are going through a tough situation. Stress is definitely an evil thing. Hope some doors open for you soon.

As for that girl you are talking about, she obviously has no sense. Who the hell does business without a contract or even give a deposit? Unless it's a direct family member, people don't work for free. If she thinks she can walk through life like a senseless bi*ch, then see doesn't know what's common for her when reality strikes.

• Options
    Hang in there Evelyn! You know that Dh and I have been struggling on one income as well and somehow we're (barely) making it work. Try to stay positive and continue to get your name and resume out there! They are crazy not to hire you but this just means God has something bigger and better out there for you!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hang in there! The right job will come along for you. God will not put you through something you can not get through. Just continue to stay positive and your job will come through for you!

About that girl, don't even worry about that. As I told you before, your sister does not need business from people like that. She is a professional person trying to get her business up and running and does not need to be treated in the matter that she was treated.

• Options
    ((HUGS))...and vent away!! I can only imagine how draining and stressful that whole situation must be right now...I know that things are tough out there, but I am sure you will find something SOON!!! Big Smile Did you ever look into UAIC to see if they were hiring??
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsGiviRN:
    ((HUGS))...and vent away!! I can only imagine how draining and stressful that whole situation must be right now...I know that things are tough out there, but I am sure you will find something SOON!!! Big Smile Did you ever look into UAIC to see if they were hiring??

i applied the minute you told me...thanks givi

• Options
    Hey there.  I'm not sure what company your applied with, but I've been talking to DH and the rumor is that in the future (who knows how near) that Progressive is going to start expanding again.  I'm not sure what it means for their hiring, but it wouldn't hurt to apply with them.  I know that they are doing a lot of restructuring so even if you don't hear from them right away, don't get discouraged.  (now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't who just rejected you)
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Vent away Evelyn, that is what we are here for. The market does suck right now :( I also feel that while I am ECSTATIC that i graduate July 31st I feel i will be "stuck" in square one for while. But don't worry, all good things come to those who wait and everything happens for a reason... well not what you want to hear but its the only thing we can look forward to!

As for your sister, WTF!! I feel so bad for her and you to have to go through this but unfortunatly that is the business world!! you get the sharks mixed in the pool. (P.S is this the girl that gave her the deposit like 3 days before the vent (the baptism.. or was it communion) she told me about that. ugh!

FYI to everyone else - Evelyn's sister is very nice and professional, very organized!

• Options
    I meant to write "3 days before the event"...oops!
  • Options
    imageMRS.IHEARTMIKE:

Vent away Evelyn, that is what we are here for. The market does suck right now :( I also feel that while I am ECSTATIC that i graduate July 31st I feel i will be "stuck" in square one for while. But don't worry, all good things come to those who wait and everything happens for a reason... well not what you want to hear but its the only thing we can look forward to!

As for your sister, WTF!! I feel so bad for her and you to have to go through this but unfortunatly that is the business world!! you get the sharks mixed in the pool. (P.S is this the girl that gave her the deposit like 3 days before the vent (the baptism.. or was it communion) she told me about that. ugh!

FYI to everyone else - Evelyn's sister is very nice and professional, very organized!

thank you mimi....actually no...that girl was a guest at madys OWN party....if you look at the pics she is the  blonde one with the little girl....she was a co-worker of mine....her party was for this sunday...she wanted her cake EXACTLY like madys....she didnt leave my sister a deposit nor wanted to sign the contract so my sister called her and left her a vmail and told her she couldnt bend the rules for her (nonetheless she had already hustled her out of pricing and everything) and since no deposit was made and since she wasnt gonna pay until delivery that unfortunately she couldnt work with someone like that. mimi....she called my sister and i kid you not, treated her like a dog. then called me and got me involved and told me how unprofessional my sister was (as if my sister was not in the same room with me and i heard the whole conversation). i put her in her place and told her that my family will also not be attending her party and well you can imagine how heated the conversation was. she really went out of her way to trash her and me at the same time!

• Options
    Vent away, that's what we're all here for. And many hugs and prayers headed your way. It really does suck that the economy is in such a state of dissarray. But I can promise you that it's not just in Florida. Things in VA aren't any better and there are tons of people lining up at WalMart to get a job. Don't get down on yourself about not getting the job, I'm sure that something better will come along. Just try to stay positive and like Jen said, continue to get your name out there! There is something bigger and better out there for you and your family. Good luck!!
  • Options
    Ewwww stinker :(
  • Options

Sorry you are going through this.  I was also laid off last yr, and I know it is very frusterating sending out so many resumes, and not getting any calls.

I recall you mentioned that you had done Accounting work in the past.  I used a recruiter during my search, and I highly recommend them... not sure if you have used recruiters, but sometimes they are the best way to get into certain companies.  Let me know if you would like the info.

GL!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecocojack10:

Sorry you are going through this.  I was also laid off last yr, and I know it is very frusterating sending out so many resumes, and not getting any calls.

I recall you mentioned that you had done Accounting work in the past.  I used a recruiter during my search, and I highly recommend them... not sure if you have used recruiters, but sometimes they are the best way to get into certain companies.  Let me know if you would like the info.

GL!

jackie...email me pls: eanga@allstate.com

• Options

Evelyn, I am praying for you!!! I know it looks bad right now, but don't give up faith!!! Remember that God has a plan for you MUCH more fabulous then the one you have for yourself! Everything is going to work itself out for the best!!!

As for your sister- she is much better off not doing buisness with that lady! She sounds CRAZY!!!!

• Options

We are living very hard times and very hard situations. We have been there as well and its not easy but know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.?

?You will find the right job for you where you won't only be?successful?but stable. You'll see. Good luck and hope you find it sooner than later.

?As of that lady....its her loss. Hope she doesn't bother you or your sister again.??

• Options

Vent away! I am so sorry!!!! I got your FB message in my email this morning but have not been able to respond. I will tell you that what probably happened is that they had internal candidates as well and went with one of them. That happens a lot here and is NO reflection on you. NONE. You are perfectly qualified for the position and the only mark against you was that you did not already work here. I think its cheaper to transition a person to a new department than it is to bring a new person from the outside. Don't let that rejection kill your confidence! The market is tough right now but there IS a place for everyone and you will find yours.

Sending you many hugs and lots of job dust.

ox,

Mel

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMellyMelB:

Vent away! I am so sorry!!!! I got your FB message in my email this morning but have not been able to respond. I will tell you that what probably happened is that they had internal candidates as well and went with one of them. That happens a lot here and is NO reflection on you. NONE. You are perfectly qualified for the position and the only mark against you was that you did not already work here. I think its cheaper to transition a person to a new department than it is to bring a new person from the outside. Don't let that rejection kill your confidence! The market is tough right now but there IS a place for everyone and you will find yours.

Sending you many hugs and lots of job dust.

ox,

Mel

thank you for everything mel...i cant say it enough ;)

• Options

Oh and STAY CONFIDENT! I have a very positive supportive friend who has rubbed off on me and basically tells me all the time that THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS. Stay positive don't let the negatives overpower the positives because then its harder for more positives to make it through.

I just got that new job here BUT its was the THIRD time in under 2 years that I tried to move into a new role. Nothing comes easy and do things do come to those who wait - and wait patiently and positively. Don't let this kill your spirit, hon!

• Options

hang in there!  we are in really rough times right now.  DH and I are both in higher education, and we just have to be thankful that we have jobs. 

'the' say this won't last much longer, but who knows.  GL!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Options

i just want to say vent away!! you're not the only one going through tough times....you just have to stay positive some way.  as i look at it, at least there is food on the table & a roof over our heads we are good.  dh had to merge his business w/another company and hasn't had a salary since October.  We are living off of my salary alone and all I can say is that God is good...real good. 

About the coworker...she needs a reality check!! I'm glad you put her in her place.  She's retarded to haggle someone's price down and not put a deposit.  When you have ppl like that its better off not get their business.  Sorry your sis had to deal w/such rudeness!!

• Options
    What type of job are you looking for?
  • Options
    imageCesEve99:
    imageMRS.IHEARTMIKE:

thank you mimi....actually no...that girl was a guest at madys OWN party....if you look at the pics she is the  blonde one with the little girl....she was a co-worker of mine....her party was for this sunday...she wanted her cake EXACTLY like madys....she didnt leave my sister a deposit nor wanted to sign the contract so my sister called her and left her a vmail and told her she couldnt bend the rules for her (nonetheless she had already hustled her out of pricing and everything) and since no deposit was made and since she wasnt gonna pay until delivery that unfortunately she couldnt work with someone like that. mimi....she called my sister and i kid you not, treated her like a dog. then called me and got me involved and told me how unprofessional my sister was (as if my sister was not in the same room with me and i heard the whole conversation). i put her in her place and told her that my family will also not be attending her party and well you can imagine how heated the conversation was. she really went out of her way to trash her and me at the same time!

Uggghhhh!! I can't believe that your co-worker gave you and your sis such a hard time...she was the one that was prego along with you and that you visited once she had the baby right (pics on FB)??? Sometimes, it's just better to get rid of people like that from your life..no need to add more DRAMA!!  

• Options
    imageMrsGiviRN:
    imageCesEve99:
    imageMRS.IHEARTMIKE:

Uggghhhh!! I can't believe that your co-worker gave you and your sis such a hard time...she was the one that was prego along with you and that you visited once she had the baby right (pics on FB)??? Sometimes, it's just better to get rid of people like that from your life..no need to add more DRAMA!!  

yes!!! but no shes not on my fb!!!! i posted that pic on my blog to which i deleted already. she is an ex-coworker now...thank god. dang girl good memory!

• Options

imagelabsgo2:
    What type of job are you looking for?

i'm in the insurance field now, but i've done accounting, hr, collections, payroll....

• Options
    LMAO!! My husband says that I'm a psycho when it comes to remembering names, faces and pics!!! Embarrassed I've just been blessed with a good memory and I remember because I thought it was cute that you were both prego with girls and delivered so close to each other (similar situation with my friend and our pregnancies except I had a boy and she had a girl)...
  • Options

I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much stress! times are tough... it is depressing - but try to stay positive.

I am in a luxury business myself - and things have been slower for me than I had expected this year, so I understand what you're going through!

Good luck, I hope you find something new very quickly!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options

{{HUGS}}

I don't really know what to say except hang in there! And vent away whenever you need. Sometimes we need that to be able to shoulder things. It WILL get better - it has to. What's your degree in? What kind of job are you looking for? I can try to keep an eye open for anything. If you want to email me, aalessandri@bellsouth.net. I know so many people that are right now struggling with this stupid economy... some more than others, but it's affecting everyone. Hang in there, mama.... HUGS

• Options

I am not sure if  yoru interested in HR (specifically HRIS) or if ft Lauderdale is too far of a drive but I am in HR and we are looking for a long term contractor to help out in our department.(systems/reporting/data entry/auditing etc)

If you already haven gotten hooked up with a temp agency they are really good with helping to place poepl in good companies. TekPartners is one that has been good for us in the past.

• Options

I'm so sorry you are going through this. As the other girls have said, feel free to vent away! Don't feel like your degree is a "bullshit degree"...it's not you, or your degree, it's the economy! You would be shocked to see how many of my fellow graduates are having an incredibly tough time finding work, and that's with a law degree. Even I don't have an 100% official offer for full time employment and there's a chance I may only have part time work available to me with no benefits until after I have the baby and can start job hunting more aggressively.

Times are tough, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do except put ourselves out there as much as possible, stay positive, and pray for the best. Don't give up...sometimes it takes many rejections before you find that one job that is meant for you. And don't take the rejections personally. There are so many people looking for jobs right now that any little thing can tip the scales in favor of another candidate...it has nothing to do with you personally or your qualifications. Like someone else pointed out, as long as you guys can manage to keep a roof over your heads and food on the table, everything else is extra. The three of you have your health, which is PRICELESS, and you all love each other, and that will get you through these tough times. ::hugs::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry, girl.  Hopefully it felt god to get it off your chest. Best of luck with the job search.   
  • Options
    ugh! very frustrating! Everything happens for a reason. Hopefully you will find your dream job soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TayLynnTayLynn member

Venting is good for the soul!

I'm sorry.  Sounds like your "friend" is a real pice of work.

Hope things turn around for you soon! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"